This position coordinates with the firm’s Conflicts and Client Screening Manager to ensure that conflict searches are performed in a manner that provides the information necessary to determine whether prospective representations will create conflicts of interest.
• Run conflict screening reports in Aderant accounting system
• Review conflict search reports with conflicts screening manager to ensure search criteria applied produces appropriate results
• Confer with conflicts screening manager and firm’s General Counsel to determine whether conflicts of interest exist with respect to prospective representations
• Should conflicts issues require resolution, communicates in a confident and professional manner with conflicts manager and/or attorneys.
• Process client and matter revisions to ensure Aderant data is up-to-date and valid.
• Use internal and external databases (Lexis, Dunn & Bradstreet) to conduct research
• Assist lawyers, secretaries and paralegals in utilizing Aderant software application for conflicts
• Review new intake forms to ensure party information submitted for conflicts checking is correct. Have an understanding of commercial and litigious matters and able to identify instances where party information provided is incomplete.
• Complete special projects assigned various members of the staff
• Review client engagement letters
• Review new matter requests
• Ensure that the conflict database is updated with appropriate information
Required Experience and Education:
• Minimum education - Bachelor's Degree
• Knowledge of ethical rules and risk management requirements governing conflicts of interest and conflicts resolution processes is a plus.
• Three to five years legal experience, preferably in litigation or in a risk management position
• Ability to prioritize work and work independently
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to manage complex projects and assignments while maintaining tight deadlines
• High level analytical and communication skills coupled with the ability to multi-task
Butler Snow - 18 months ago