Conservation Specialist II
Hiring Salary Range: $ 4,611.58 - $ 5,879.75 monthly.
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water's Public Affairs Division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Conservation Specialist II within our Conservation Section. Qualified candidate will under general supervision assist in the operation of the Department's Water Conservation Program through managing contracts and creating partnerships with various stakeholder groups, businesses and customers.
The successful candidate will also be able to perform the following duties:
* Assists in the planning, organization and daily responsibilities of the Department's Water Conservation Program.
* Develops and maintains working relationships with Parks Staff, community associations, industry groups and professional associations to promote water conservation.
* Develop and manage landscaping conversion programs for various customer types.
* Work directly with industries, developers, suburban distributors and commercial customers to implement water conservation practices.
* Manages contracts to facilitate large scale water savings for industrial customers.
* Researches and collects water conservation data as required to improve existing programs or propose new ones.
* Accomplishes research and develops recommendations for water conservation in major landscape projects and other residential/ commercial/ industrial/government projects.
* Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications for appointment:
* Ability to communicate effectively orally, graphically and in writing.
* Knowledge of local, state and federal agencies and organizations, their practices and procedures in relationship to water conservation.
* Knowledge of Water Utility functions and management.
* Knowledge of basic conservation methods and techniques.
* Knowledge landscaping and water budgeting for large properties.
* Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data.
* Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, the public and other private and public sector organizations.
Graduation from a four-year college or university with major course work in public or business administration, engineering, environmental planning, landscape architecture, horticulture or related field.
Three years' experience in public relations, management, intergovernmental or private-sector liaison work, landscape architecture, or related activities.
Other Requirements: None
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, a 401K Plan with 3% match, a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance, and vacation/holiday/sick leave. All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
Candidates must submit a completed Denver Water application in order to be considered. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received. Apply on-line by visiting www.denverwater.org/careers.
Mr. Loren A. Robinson
1600 W. 12th Ave.
Denver, CO. 80204-3412