Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks a Conservation Manager in our New Hampshire Corps program based out of our Bear Brook State Park in Allenstown, NH.
- Oversee the conservation service activity of the program, including site visits, assessment, and monitoring for conservation projects
- Recruit and supervise SCA Corps members
- Ensure that all risk management procedures and protocols are adhered to by conservation staff and members
- Facilitate necessary program evaluation efforts, including member evaluation, partner surveys, and staff performance measures
- Supervise specialized conservation programming including program development, coordination and oversight, mentoring members in a peer leadership model, and overseeing volunteer recruitment as needed
- Manage and track specific budget line items relevant to the conservation service component including transportation, equipment, supplies and training budget line items
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director
* Health and Dental * Basic Life Insurance * Short Term Disability * Long Term Disability * Flexible Spending Account * 403(b) Savings Plan * Generous Paid Time Off * Community Service Leave * Casual Dress
- BA/BS in Environmental Education/Science/related field and/or four years of related field experience
- Two years of supervisory experience in an outdoor/conservation service program
- In depth experience of trail maintenance and construction techniques and all associated tools. Chainsaw and Grip-hoist experience required.
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards
- Current Wilderness First Responder/ CPR certification
- Criminal background check that meets SCA standards required
- Community organizing skills and strong capacity to work in a team
- Proven supervisory, organizational, and program development skills, including budget management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including effective computer and internet skills
- Experience with service-learning methodologies preferred
- Experience living and working in a residential setting preferred
Please send cover letter and resume to Hiring@thesca.org , referencing the title of the position in the subject line.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org
Student Conservation Association - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard