The Computer Operation’s Console Operator is an entry level position requiring the candidate to learn and perform the following functions at a basic level of proficiency, working toward an intermediate level of proficiency.
· Perform all operator functions on two production computing environments.
· Perform Initial Program Loads (IPLs) of two production computing environments.
· Expected to learn key processes, jobs, job flows and cycles across the enterprise.
· Log/document errors and follow established procedures for resolving and/or escalating.
· Perform basic functions of Production Control/Scheduling.
· Assist support staff and vendors with servicing system hardware.
· Assist with maintaining Operations documentation and procedures.
· Assist with recovery activity during system and hardware failures.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum one year of computer operations experience with proven ability to perform all basic operator functions on at least two system platforms.
· Ability and willingness to work shift work, weekends, and holidays.
· Good interpersonal relationship skills and ability to get along with others.
· Acute attention to detail.
· Must possess strong problem determination and solving skills.
· Possess effective planning and organizational skills.
· Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Associate degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Possess knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
American national is an Equal Opportunity Employer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
American National Family of Companies - 7 months ago