Haley & Aldrich, Inc. is seeking a Construction Accountant to support our accounting projects and our systems delivery projects. This position reports directly to the Controller.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance .
• Must have a minimum 8 years’ experience working in finance or accounting; of which five must be as a construction accountant
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Project
• Previous experience and proficiency with an accounting system, preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to project sites and H&A offices
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Providing financial support to project managers
• Developing fixed price, unit price, and time & materials cost estimates and pricing in collaboration with project manager and cost estimator
• Assisting project managers with purchasing, including issuing requests for proposals, reviewing responses, advising on financial aspects of subcontracts, and monitoring vendor deliveries, invoicing, lien releases, retainage, payments, and committed costs
• Reviewing contracts and change orders
• Tracking and preparing cost basis for change orders
• Tracking project costs and schedule, and identifying budget issues
• Tracking change orders in compliance with contract terms
• Managing earned value and cost-to-complete analysis
• Performing project cost and financial analysis
• Assisting with construction enterprise financial analysis including impact on pricing and cost management
• Coordinating project revenue recognition for fixed price, unit price, and time & materials projects in accordance with GAAP
• Project invoicing
• Assisting with collections
• Performing financial aspects of project closeout
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich staff teams engage in challenging environmental, engineering and management projects with clients in the U.S. and internationally. If you enjoy seeing the positive impact of your work and want to grow your skills in a rewarding, collaborative learning environment, we would like to hear from you. With offices nationwide, our shared vision is to integrate technology and human potential to tackle tough issues facing the world. Through teamwork, sharing knowledge and building on experience, we achieve outcomes that benefit our clients and the communities we serve together.
Haley & Aldrich - 30+ days ago