The basic function of the CA Assistant is to assist and support the CA Submittal Administrator with the processing of submittals and various other CA administrative duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for administrative duties for the CA Department
- Prepare submittals by stamping with date, logging, adding cover sheet, typing comments, and distributing each submittal to proper personnel.
- Work with the CA Submittal Administrator and provides coverage when CA Submittal Administrator is out sick or on vacation.
- Tracks shop drawings/submittals, to ensure timely processing, for the Andover Technical Staff on database program (Newforma) including data entry of required information.
- Mails/e-mails all shop drawings and out-going construction paperwork.
- Processes Requests for Information (RFI’s).
- Maintains RFI log.
- Assists with maintaining all construction files for the technical staff.
- Performs other office-related/administrative duties as needed or assigned. Acts as back-up to administrative staff when time allows.
Standard Administrative Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have a High School diploma or have a minimum of three years’ experience of on-the-job administrative/engineering construction experience, preferably in the consulting engineering field.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must have a “can-do” attitude, the ability to prioritize workload, ability to read and write and good verbal communication skills.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Typing speed minimum 50 wpm.
- Must have knowledge of clerical office practices and procedures including the types and uses of office equipment, including photocopiers, facsimile machines, telephone systems, postage meters, GBC or other binding machine, etc.
- Must have good attention to detail and accurate filing, typing and clerical skills.
RDK offers a comprehensive benefits package which currently includes a 401(k) plan, bonus opportunities, affordable health and dental insurance, company paid life insurance and disability benefits, generous paid time off policy and flextime.