Responsible and accountable for administrative and organizational support of the construction/design department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares and tracks all trade contractors contracts, change orders and purchase orders per the Project Manager/Director of Construction documentation and distributes to needed parties.
• Coordinates the receiving, review, distribution and monitoring of all additional required project documentation
• Assist the Project Manager in securing and tracking all building permits for the project.
• Prepares minutes of Department meetings, Pipeline meeting and Job Cost meeting as needed and distributes to applicable parties. Review, file and distribute the weekly site meeting minutes.
• Organize and maintain all construction in-house files for each project, trade contractor and applicable correspondence.
• Ensure all certificates of insurance required for each trade contractor are accurate, current and in compliance with the contract documents as well as maintain the organization of all insurance certificates for each project.
• Provide each site superintendent with required safety manuals, toolbox talks, posters, hard hats and other equipment/material needed.
• Assist site personnel with computer and site organization of all files and documentation.
• Prepare electronic files for each project for use and storage.
• Coordinate safety and OSHA training for all Construction personnel.
• Responsible for obtaining all close out docs from contractors prior to release of retainage.
• Maintain and distribute the Certificates of Occupancy for each building at each project.
• Complete new project O&M manuals and distribute to all necessary parties.
• Receive, organize, distribute and file daily project reports from site superintendents.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 2 years of experience
• Knowlegdge of Section 3, HOME, NSP3, Prevailing Wage and/or Davis Bacon preferred but not required
• Language Skills - Ability to read, write, speak and interpret rules, procedures, routine reports/correspondence and to speak effectively with groups of employees and/or residents.
• Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compare rate, ratio and percentages and interpret basic graphs.
• Reasoning Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems that involve concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Computer Skills - Intermediate experience with MS Office, and Internet Explorer. Beginner experience with MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint.
• Other Skills - Notary (or ability to obtain) and transcribe from tape.
Herman & Kittle Properties, Inc. - 15 months ago