ASI Constructors, Inc. (since 1978) is an industry leader in the dam and water resource construction market, providing services worldwide. Our company is a self-performing, heavy-civil contractor that specializes in the construction and rehabilitation of dams (RCC, earthfill, and concrete), hydroelectric and renewable energy facilities, pipelines, tunnel/shaft rehabilitation, storm/sanitary sewer system improvements, and other major water resource projects.
Reports to: Superintendent or Foreman
Summary of Position: The Carpenter’s prime responsibility is to support ASI’s construction operations by performing the following Key Activities
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Key Activities and Position Responsibilities:
ASI employees must work cooperatively with other employees, and have a good positive attitude. They must also be punctual. Further, this means that you must be ready to work when your shift starts. So, you must arrive at work with enough time prior, to ready yourself for the shift. They should also work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Cut, fit, and assemble lumber and plywood, and other materials to be used as concrete forms;
- Set forms for concrete construction; erect scaffolding; or do finishing work;
- Measure accurately and mark precise cutting lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge;
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment;
- Verify trueness of structure, set grade, check for plumb, etc.;
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, or power tools;
- Read specifications, blueprints, sketches, building plans, and form drawings to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required;
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level;
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools;
- Select and quantify lumber and other required materials;
- Coordinate with other crew members to perform tasks at hand;
- Fabricate and install concrete reinforcing bars;
- Place and finish concrete;
- Maintain a clean, organized work area;
- Assist with scheduling and coordination of materials, labor and equipment relating to the work area;
- Other duties as required;
Essential Ability Requirements for ASI Personnel:
Working in the field at ASI Constructors Inc. is often physically demanding. The following list describes the minimum ability requirements for field personnel.
o If corrective lenses are required to achieve this level of vision, the employee must be able to wear PPE without interfering with the corrective lenses or the required PPE.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials;
- Move heavy objects (94 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less);
- Move light objects (less than 94 pounds) long distances (more than 20 feet);
- Heavy lifting with repeated stooping, carrying and bending continually over time (i.e., picks up materials and move to a different location);
- Work long shifts with non-standard break times;
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements;
- Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting;
- Must have vision equal to or better than is required for driving;
o The employee may have to purchase eye glasses (safety glass, etc.) that are compliant with ASI’s Safety Program and OSHA/MSHA requirements;
o If corrective device is required to achieve this level of hearing, the employee must be able to wear PPE without interfering with the corrective device or the required PPE;
- Must have good hand-eye coordination;
- Must have quick reaction times;
- Must be able to hear adequately enough to be alerted by horns, sirens, shouting, or any other noise that is meant to convey a safety warning;
Preferred Qualifications and Training:
- Lift arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws bags into a truck);
- Must have good balance and must not be clumsy;
- Climb ladders or steps to reach objects;
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 100’ or more;
- Must be able to work in confined or enclosed spaces;
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time;
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time;
- Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots;
- Must be able to walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more);
- Must be committed to contributing to a culture of safety, looking out for yourself and others.
ASI’s Carpenter must have basic mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material estimates, and the ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
ASI’s Carpenter must also be able to organize assigned tasks, for completion alone or with help and be able to envision all steps in assigned tasks. They must also have knowledge of structural design, the ability to read blueprints, and simple layouts. Must have knowledge of construction trade, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment and the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
ASI’s Carpenter must be able to measure accurately, and have knowledge of surveying techniques to be able to establish and check elevations. Minimum five years of construction experience as a carpenter. Must have own tools; company will provide PPE and power tools.
ASI’s Carpenter must have experience working on forms and scaffolding at heights; they must also be knowledgeable in PFAS (Personal Fall Arrest Systems). Experience and/or training in 100% tie-off situations is highly desired.
A high school diploma is required. Applicants must have drivers license and reliable transportation, be able to pass a pre-hire background check as well as pre-hire and random drug testing.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical & dental insurance, 401K, and vacation.
Dependent on Experience.
Jan 20, 2013
US - Oklahoma
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Canton Lake Dam
ConstructionJobs.com - 2 years ago