The manager of a Morton Buildings construction center must be a person who is committed to the success and growth of the company, while cultivating a strong work ethic and building a team of dedicated staff that will work together to sustain a profitable construction center. Construction Center Managers must be team-players and drive the sales force and staff to exceed expectations.
Daily and weekly responsibilities include selling to potential customers , scheduling, coordination, dealing with personnel issues, marketing, paperwork, conflict resolution and office compliance with regards to all MBI policies and procedures.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains availability to employees within the construction center to solve and discuss personnel issues, performance evaluations, and set the tone for the office
- Arranges times to be available and speak to customers when problems arise with jobs outside of your own sold jobs
- Interviews candidates and participates in selecting new hires
- Takes responsibility for a clean and well-maintained office
- Prepares for weekly meetings with a planned agenda
- Reviews & approves times cards
- Discusses and enforces safety policies sent out by Morton Corporate
- Schedules work for crews and makes scheduling changes on short notice
- Awareness of office equipment, how it is being used & maintained
- Conducts pre-construction meetings on all jobs and ensures Sales Consultants are following through on the same task
Team Building Responsibilities:
- Acts as the office motivator at all times displaying high-energy and a positive tone.
- Conducts a weekly Monday Morning Meeting (MMM). Meetings should be organized and always on time.
- Communicates with Sales Consultants on a regular basis & asks check-up questions
- Rides with Sales Consultants monthly to evaluate performance, organization & efficiency
- Checks all orders that go out of the office along with subcontracts
- Determines profitability on orders
- Assists Sales Consultants writing difficult contracts
- Check over Sales Consultant’s subcontract list and qualifications
- Develop and cultivate new business leads through prospecting, referrals, marketing, networking and cold calling.
- Personally follow up with customer leads within assigned sales territory while maintaining awareness of competitor activity.
- Service past Morton owner’s warranty and charge repairs.
- Arrange and conduct meetings to evaluate site, building layout, needs, wants and future expansion that will most effectively suit the customer’s project.
- Work with prospects to identify their specific building needs.
- Communicate Morton Buildings’ features, benefits, and uniqueness to prospects.
- Create offers to purchase and carry out contractual paperwork in compliance with corporate procedures.
- Ensure all individuals involved are in agreement with the specifics of the purchase.
- Effectively communicate to customer company products, services, project development, warranties and company policies.
- Communicate to Design Services all necessary information regarding applicable building codes, design exemptions, property restrictions, etc. in a timely manner.
- Communicate applicable construction information to crew members and coordinate project with subcontractors.
- Qualify and develop subcontracting team.
- Coordinate and schedule activities of all individuals involved in the building project including MBI personnel, subcontractors, permitting authorities and inspectors where applicable.
- Visually inspect and monitor progress at each build site from start to finish as required to ensure a successful project.
- Oversee and maintain open communication with the customer during the complete building process and warranty period.
- Collect customer payments according to contract payment schedule.
- In support of company initiatives and growth, attend all company sponsored training, meetings and seminars, as well as various farm and trade shows.
- Travel overnight to trade shows, training seminars, customer sites, etc. as needed.
- Cultivate an ongoing, positive relationship with the CCA.
- Develop an understanding of what the CCA job responsibilities are.
- Be knowledgeable in the basic administrative functions performed at the office that include:
- Have a working knowledge of MAX/ERP
- CRM and support
- Maintains their protected sales territory along with managing the daily duties of the local office.
- Completes various company forms and paperwork to present the "offer to purchase" from the customer to the corporate offices for acceptance.
- Works closely with local subcontractors, coordinating the building project during construction and maintaining communication with the customer throughout the complete building process and warranty period is essential.
- Minimum of associates degree or 5 years of construction, selling or customer service experience.
- Previous management experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of building/construction methods and know-how
- Be able to exhibit conflict resolution skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have good organizational and multi tasking skills
- Be able to maintain customer confidentiality
- Self motivation, positive high energy work ethic and integrity is a must
- Must have intermediate or better computer skills
- Regular attendance and minimal overnight travel required
Morton Buildings, Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Company and Drug-Free Workplace
- Competitive hourly wages
- In depth training program
- 401K and E.S.O.P. retirement programs
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent Medical / Dental / Prescription plan
- Life Insurance and optional short / long term disability insurance
- Company incentive trips
- Paid holidays, vacation and personal time
Morton Buildings, Inc. operates six manufacturing plants. They are located in Morton, Illinois; Spencer, Iowa; Kenton, Ohio; Winfield,...