Contract Manager is a leadership position for our gas distribution and pipeline construction business . This role handles contract aspects during both the tendering and project execution phases for assigned projects. The Contract Manager is to provide legal/commercial analysis of customer specifications, requests for quotations, contract documents and all related commercial, legal and technical documents for business conducted.
- Review and analyze customer specifications and bid documents in order to identify potential commercial/legal risks;
- Prepare clear and concise modifications to customer specifications and bid documents;
- Negotiate terms and conditions directly with external customers;
- Prepare contract and various other legal documents for signature and assist with the drafting and preparation of proposals;
- Assist in the preparation and facilitation of internal risk review meetings;
- Support the businesses in drafting commercial-related proposal language and contract language with outside customers;
- Assist the businesses in determining prime contract flow down terms and conditions for incorporation into supplier and subcontract agreements and insure internal departments know HR/insurance requirements;
- Provide counsel and recommendations to the Project Manager and other functional Project Team members regarding contractual and commercial implications of potential project strategies, decisions and commercial settlements.
- Provide contract management support during project execution;
- Provide support with respect to claims preparation and warranty administration
- Assist with administrative responsibilities, including the preparation and management of legal document files;
- Provide functional representation in addressing commercial matters with customers;
- Travel to project meetings as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field (required)
- 8+ years of contracts-related experience; preferrably in utility construction
- Experience in writing and/or negotiating agreements;
- Exceptional oral and written communications;
- Ability to identify and analyze basic and complex commercial and contractual risks;
- Advanced Negotiation Skills;
- Competent in MS 2010 Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen