Posting Job Title: Construction Coordinator 1
Requisition #: 142042BR
Posting Location: United States - California - Palmdale
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description:
The Time Warner Cable West Region currently seeks a Construction Coordinator, for our Construction Department in our Palmdale office. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for the coordinating of all phases of residential and commercial cable construction (New Build, Plant Maintenance, Wi Fi, Cell Tower Back Haul, Forced Relocations, and various other projects as needed) throughout the system in a manner consistent with Time Warner Cable policies, procedures, quality standards, customer’s needs and applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs daily quality control inspections of contractor production for quality and accuracy requiring opening of vaults, pedestals, lockboxes, and other enclosures including detailed physical and visual inspection.
- Assists in preparing, recommending, and implementing job schedules requiring field walkouts and inspections.
- Works with Warehouse personnel to ensure accurate and timely flow of materials for construction projects
- Communicates with various system departments, vendors, project personnel, local government agencies, city inspectors, utility companies, and contractors in regard to various projects.
- Assists in the possible implementation of new technologies and services.
- Coordinates, monitors and reports on all phases and activity associated with various construction projects
- Monitors and verifies contractor compliance of safety procedures to include: OSHA, MEDOT and NESC standards, as documented in the TWC Construction Standards
- Promptly and accurately records and provides necessary reports such as budgetary, capital labor, and weekly/monthly production reports
- Supplies customer service and sales with the necessary address information related to new SDU/MDU dwellings, subdivisions, commercial properties.
- Maps / as builds pole line and underground extensions
- Coordinates conduit and cable routing with building owners, developers, electricians and TWC contractors.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Ability and knowledge to proficiently use a computer required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a constantly changing work environment required
- Strong trouble-shooting and decision-making skills required
- Ability to read and write in English and use arithmetic skills accurately to complete daily paperwork required
- Knowledge of aerial and underground CATV construction practices required
- Ability to take initiative and handle various tasks simultaneously while working efficiently, effectively, and independently under minimal supervision required
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment required
- Ability to keep a professional appearance and conduct self in a respectable, responsible, and courteous manner at all times is required
- Ability to work on a rotating on call schedule required
- Ability to work hours outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no advance notification required
- Knowledge of state and local municipality codes and requirements preferred
- Valid CA driver’s license and good driving record required
- Candidates must apply online to be considered for open positions
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years CATV experience required
- Associate's degree in Business, Engineering or related field and 2 years CATV experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and CATV experience required.
Employee will work outdoors under various weather conditions, 75 % office and 25% outdoors. Lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, stooping, standing, sitting, kneeling, and using small hand tools will be necessary. Driving a company vehicle on a daily basis will be necessary.
The physical demands for this position are typical to an office and field environment and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
More on TWC
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
FCC Unit_TWC: 6329
Controlling Establishment ID: 00326 - Palmdale
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...