Direct all phases of construction activity. Serve as Midcontinent’s professional representative when interacting with vendors, customers, and regulatory officials.
• Engage in Construction team efforts to maintain, expand and upgrade Midcontinent’s regional network.
• Schedule and plan all phases of construction projects to meet established goals and deadlines.
• Monitor progress, quality, safety, and compliance for each project.
• Work with State, County, City, Townships and other entities pertaining to permit requirements and requests.
• Attend State, County, City, Township, and utility meetings.
• Obtain private easements from landowners.
• Update GPS with fiber, utility crossings, splice and storage locations.
• Create Project Summaries.
• Create Purchase Orders and Change Orders and issue to contractors.
• Ensure projects are closed timely and all excess materials have been returned to Materials Management.
• Oversee activities of outside contractors and internal staff related to various construction projects.
• Inspect work in progress and work completed for compliance and quality assurance. Complete the appropriate paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
• Read, comprehend, and utilize cable system maps and plans.
• Assist in preparing site surveys.
• Prepare asbuilts and update maps accurately and in a timely manner.
• Locate existing underground cable.
• Ensure all project documents are complete in their entirety, placed in PAC-Track, and kept current.
• Possess knowledge of Midcontinent’s safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures. Wear safety apparel which includes hard hats (where required), safety vests, OSHA approved boots, etc.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Maintain current, valid driver’s license and good to excellent driving record (DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you for employment in this position).
• Drive Company vehicles safely, courteously, and defensively; schedule appropriate maintenance as required.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Mentor new hires as required.
• Have and maintain up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
• Actively follow Midcontinent policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• High school diploma or GED required. Some college or vocational training preferred.
• Two to three years construction experience in the broadband industry required.
• Working knowledge of construction, the National Electrical Code, OSHA regulations, state and local regulations and general safety standards.
• NCTI, SCTE and/or other broadband certification preferred.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Midcontinent Communications - 6 months ago
Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part of Our...