VERTEX is looking for a dynamic, energetic Construction Cost Estimator who welcomes the challenge of joining our team in Denver, CO. VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national construction management and consulting firm that is experiencing exponential growth, and we’re looking to augment our team of talented individuals! Do you enjoy using a wide variety of technological resources to meet and exceed client goals and expectations as well as improve inter-office efficiency? Are you looking for a fast-paced atmosphere dedicated to exceeding client expectations of excellence? Are you looking for a company that believes in promoting from within, and the only limitation is defined by you? If so, this is the right opportunity for you!
Specific Job Title: Construction Cost Estimator
- Perform Detailed Electronic Quantity Takeoffs
- Use pricing databases to compile cost estimate(s)
- Solicit proposals from subcontractors for defined scopes of work
- Review and interpret plans and specifications
- Provide a thorough cost estimate that is compliant with applicable building codes and industry standards
- Maintain and update cost estimating database
- Minimum 2 years in cost estimating position in the construction industry
- Understanding of both contract and design documents
- Energetic about taking on new tasks
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight
- LEED AP is a plus
- ttire that represents the company\'s professional image on a daily basis
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of two years experience in a residential and/or commercial construction cost estimating environment
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages
- Ability to use cost estimating software: On-Screen Takeoff, RS Means Cost Data, and Xactimate is required.
- Proficiency of the Microsoft Office suite.
The Vertex Companies, LLC. - 8 months ago