Atlanta Gas Light is the largest natural gas distributor in the Southeast. It provides delivery service to approximately 1.55 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in Georgia.
The natural gas market in Georgia is deregulated. Natural gas marketers compete to provide natural gas services to customers, creating a competitive market for the best in pricing and service plans. The marketers arrange the buying and selling of natural gas to residential and commercial customers, execute billing and oversee related customer service needs.
Atlanta Gas Light's role in Georgia's deregulated environment includes:
Atlanta Gas Light is also very active in our communities, donating to energy assistance programs, contributing to nonprofit agencies, and supporting our employees' continuing volunteer efforts throughout the state.
- Distributing natural gas for the marketers
- Maintaining the gas system infrastructure, including responding to gas leaks
- Performing meter reading for the marketers
- Ensuring the safe, reliable delivery of natural gas to Georgia customers
- Offering online customer information about natural gas and gas-fueled products
More information on AGL Resources' Georgia utility can be found at atlantagaslight.com.
About AGL Resources
AGL Resources (NYSE: GAS) is an Atlanta-based energy services holding company with operations in natural gas distribution, retail operations, wholesale services, midstream operations and cargo shipping. As the nation’s largest natural gas-only distributor based on customer count, AGL Resources serves approximately 4.5 million utility customers through its regulated distribution subsidiaries in seven states. The company also serves more than one million retail customers through its SouthStar Energy Services joint venture and Nicor National, which market natural gas and related home services. Other non-utility businesses include asset management for natural gas wholesale customers through Sequent Energy Management, ownership and operation of natural gas storage facilities, and ownership of Tropical Shipping, one of the largest containerized cargo carriers serving the Bahamas and Caribbean region. For more information, visit www.aglresources.com .
The purpose of this position is to coordinate the construction of distribution and transmission main and service installation and revision activities. The incumbent in this role administers external resources who construct gas utility infrastructure, while delivering on financial and operating objectives. This person drives quality and safety expectations and ensures that those standards are met within a functional or regional area.
- Oversees construction of underground gas utility infrastructure for residential, commercial, and industrial properties.
- Makes decisions in the field and coordinates with internal and/or external service providers and support departments (environmental and real estate) and external agencies to ensure that work is performed as planned, permitted and scheduled.
- Inspects Construction (safety, compliance, quality, locates and restoration).
- Reviews and approves work orders, progress reports, field changes, invoices, as-built records and bid contracts to ensure compliance and company standards and policies.
- Appraises Engineering, new business, regional and other applicable stakeholders on project progress.
- Monitors project specific budget and/or cost per unit variances and identifies exceptions/variances.
- Responds to emergency situations in a specific region during after hours
- Analyzes costs and benefits for specific construction projects and evaluates alternatives to ensure cost effectiveness of construction projects.
- Evaluates and recommends field design changes to keep construction projects on schedule and at or below spend.
- Interprets pipeline contracts to effectively leverage and negotiate the application of contractual items with external service providers.
- Maintains customer satisfaction through timely and thorough communication with individual customers, municipalities and other governmental agencies at pre-con meetings and throughout the project (such as state DOTS, Counties, etc).
- Influences external contractors who represent the company by shadowing corporate values.
- Driving Results:
- Creates and/or implements improved processes and techniques to enhance operating environments.