§ Oversee the work performed by contractors in the construction of renewable
energy facilities. Responsible for monitoring of construction quality to ensure
that all work is installed in accordance with the plans, specifications, Acciona
QA/QC requirements, code requirements, contract requirements and good
§ Follow Company’s processes and procedures to safely and effectively
construct Acciona renewable generating facilities for “Best in Class
§ Participate in daily, weekly and monthly project meetings. Maintain all job
specific meeting minutes and necessary logs.
§ Create, process, complete and maintain accurate documentation and records
associated with the construction site including requests for information,
submittals, change orders and drawings.
§ Assist in the monitoring of facilitate tie-ins, start-up and testing to ensure
proper turnover to operations. Participate in final project demobilization,
documentation and close-out activities.
§ Oversee the Safety and Environmental compliance of Acciona’s personnel
and subcontractors on site during construction in accordance with federal,
state and local laws, and Acciona policies, practices and procedures. Ensure
all personnel and subcontractors meet technical and safety training
§ Be proficient at Root Cause Analyses to accurately determine failure mode
and reason. Identify cost reduction opportunities.
§ Provide all the information needed to create the daily reporting requirements
for our internal and external customers, as well as KPI reporting.
§ Assist in the training and support of new Construction Engineers.
§ Other responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements: - Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- EIT certification a plus.
- Experience in construction of energy facilities or renewable energy industry is a plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with project management tools and a system (MS Project, Primavera) is a plus.
- Experience designing with AutoCad.
- Ability to relocate to the project sites during construction for a period of several months.
- Flexibility to move work days and hours as necessary to accommodate construction schedule including extended hours and weekend work (Saturdays and Sundays).
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate continuous commitment to safe operations.
- Be an active role model and constant resource to the organization.
- Ability to think and analyze situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments throughout the year is required.
- Ability to climb vertical ladders and work at heights of 300 feet is required.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international locations for extended periods of time is required.
- Hold or be able to obtain a passport.
- Have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.