Jones & Carter, Inc is a full-service engineering, planning, surveying, and consulting firm. We assist our clients in analysis, development, implementation and execution of both short-range and long-range projects. Whether you're charting a new course in community development, resolving an existing engineering problem, or opening the door to new opportunities and ideas, Jones & Carter, Inc . is your Smart Solution.
Our capabilities include everything from design, project research and consultation to turnkey construction management of multimillion-dollar ventures.
For more than 30 years we have built a foundation for success and a reputation for smart solutions.
We are in business to help our clients be successful.
Construction Field Inspector
(Underground Utilities / Water & Wastewater Treatment Facilities)
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Responsible for providing inspection and quality control for various types of infrastructure construction projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Perform daily inspections of all materials and workmanship
- Prepare daily reports completely and accurately documenting all work performed
- Attend various construction meetings in order to fully understand the scope of each project
- Manage and answer residents inquiries and issues
- Communicate and follow-up, with oral and/or written reports, regarding the progress of the project to the project engineer, project manager and/or Construction Division Manager
- Identify and recommend solutions to potential project related complications
- Understand, and is completely familiar with, the plans and specifications for each job to be inspected
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual
We offer a stimulating opportunity to expand your horizons in a full-time, direct hire position that includes excellent benefits, such as employer paid health, life and AD&D insurance. We also offer a Cafeteria Plan, dental and short term plans, PTO, paid holidays and a 401(k) profit sharing plan.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 5 years of progressive experience with infrastructure projects with an emphasis on water plants and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
- Must know how to scale and measure distances and have basic math skills to compute quantities and costs when requested.
- Ability to generate documents on a Company-provided tablet
- Must be able to interpret and implement company mandated safety policies.
- Must have an ability to operate a level and have an understanding of cut and fills and elevations for grades.
- Ability to manage a construction project on a daily basis.
- Understand the general process of water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Must have a general knowledge of the electrical and control functions of a water and/or wastewater treatment facility.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
J&C appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Jones & Carter, Inc - 8 months ago
The Jones & Carter, Inc. (J&C) WebGIS is offered as an educational resource and should not be used to determine the exact location...