PURPOSE OF JOB
The purpose of this job is to oversee the delivery of and perform skilled inspections of city and contracted construction projects.
Examples Of Essential Duties:
The following duties are normal for this job:
Administrative Duties :
- Oversee, inspect, and assess construction projects.
- Prepare schedules.
- Investigate complaints and prepare reports.
- Perform inspections of construction sites to ensure compliance with federal, state, and city codes, ordinances, and regulations.
- Ensure that contractors are current with required permits.
- Maintain listing of projects and areas in need of repair.
- Prepare reports and supporting documentation, as needed; draft resolutions for repairs.
- Update and approve utility permits.
- Approve plans for construction contractors.
Record Keeping and Documentation :
- Respond to questions, complaints and requests for information by telephone, in person or by mail from customers, employees, and department heads.
- Confer with property owners and utility companies regarding the effect of construction work on their property.
- Answer telephone utilizing accepted format; provides information, advice and guidance; takes and relays messages and/or directs calls to appropriate personnel.
- Greet visitors and direct to appropriate person or department.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Review and verify multiple reports and documents.
- Maintain logs and records.
- Perform other related duties as required.
High school diploma or GED required
Associate degree in Engineering or Building Construction preferred
Two ( 2) years of surveying, engineering or construction management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job
Must possess a valid Georgia driver's license
City of Atlanta, GA - 19 months ago