PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Perform construction inspection on a variety of projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsible for attending various construction meetings in order to fully understand the scope of each project.
- Manage and answer resident's inquiries and issues.
- Inspect job materials before installation.
- Communicate and follow-up with oral and/or written reports regarding the development of the project to the contractor, project engineer, project manager and/or Construction Division Manager.
- Identify and recommend solutions to potential project related complications.
- Understand and is completely familiar with the plans and specifications for each job to be inspected.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
Please send resumes and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
and reference " INSPECTOR " in the subject line. No phone calls please.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience with infrastructure projects including water plants, wastewater treatment facilities, drainage and paving, land development, underground utilities, large dirt work.
- Experience with plan and profile drawings, unit cost administration, water and wastewater treatment plants a plus.
- Must be able to be a good communicator and follow and carry out specific instructions on an independent basis.
- Must be able to read and understand construction plans, specifications, blueprints and maps.
- Must know how to scale and measure distances and have basic math skills to compute quantities and costs when requested.
- Must be able to interpret and implement company mandated safety policies.
- Must have an ability to operate a level and have an understanding of cut and fills and elevations for grades.
- Must obtain measurements and report progress information and place on an Inspector's Daily Report (IDR).