ASI Constructors, Inc. (since 1978) is an industry leader in the dam and water resource construction market, providing services worldwide. Our company is a self-performing, heavy-civil contractor that specializes in the construction and rehabilitation of dams (RCC, earthfill, and concrete), hydroelectric and renewable energy facilities, pipelines, tunnel/shaft rehabilitation, storm/sanitary sewer system improvements, and other major water resource projects. We also offer many additional specialized services through our Marine Group including inspection, on-water/underwater construction, and maintenance. ASI has successfully completed more than one hundred dam and dam rehabilitation projects, and over thirty new RCC dams.
Reports to: Foreman
Summary of Position: Support construction operations by performing the following Key Activities.
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Key Activities and Position Responsibilities:
• Loading and unloading of materials from a jobsite;
• Acceptance of deliveries to the jobsite;
• Sorting and organizing of materials already on a jobsite;
• Overall housekeeping duties;
• Delivery of stockpiled materials to other crews on the jobsite;
• Operate jackhammers and drills to break up concrete or pavement;
• Place, consolidate, and protect cast-in-place concrete;
• Shovel materials into place;
• Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures;
• Tend pumps, compressors, and generators;
• Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards;
• Be able to perform all of the essential functions of employees under his/her supervision;
• Be self motivated and work productively. Motivate crews properly.
• Perform other job specific duties as requested by supervisor.
ASI employees must work cooperatively with other employees, and have a good positive attitude. They must also be punctual. Further, this means that you must be ready to work when your shift starts. So, you must arrive at work with enough time prior, to ready yourself for the shift. They should also work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
Essential Ability Requirements for ASI Personnel:
Working in the field at ASI Constructors Inc. is often physically demanding. The following list describes the minimum ability requirements for field personnel.
• Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials;
• Move heavy objects (94 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less);
• Move light objects (less than 94 pounds) long distances (more than 20 feet);
• Heavy lifting with repeated stooping, carrying and bending continually over time (i.e., picks up materials and move to a different location);
• Work long shifts with non-standard break times;
• Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements;
• Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting;
• Must have vision equal to or better than is required for driving;
o If corrective lenses are required to achieve this level of vision, the employee must be able to wear PPE without interfering with the corrective lenses or the required PPE.
o The employee may have to purchase eye glasses (safety glass, etc.) that are compliant with ASI’s Safety Program and OSHA/MSHA requirements;
• Must have good hand-eye coordination;
• Must have quick reaction times;
• Must be able to hear adequately enough to be alerted by horns, sirens, shouting, or any other noise that is meant to convey a safety warning;
o If corrective device is required to achieve this level of hearing, the employee must be able to wear PPE without interfering with the corrective device or the required PPE;
• Lift arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws bags into a truck);
• Must have good balance and must not be clumsy;
• Climb ladders or steps to reach objects;
• Must be able to work at heights of up to 100’ or more;
• Must be able to work in confined or enclosed spaces;
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time;
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time;
• Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots;
• Must be able to walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more);
• Must be committed to contributing to a culture of safety, looking out for yourself and others.
Preferred Qualifications and Training:
The employee should have at least 5 years of relevant experience and be able to pass a pre-hire background check as well as pre-hire and random drug testing.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical & dental insurance, 401K, and vacation.
Dependent on experience.
Feb 14, 2013
- n/a -
US - New Mexico
Tucumcari, New Mexico
ConstructionJobs.com - 20 months ago