Provides general maintenance assistance to an assigned division and/or assists staff and the supervisor and participates in the delivery of manual labor to the City of Atlanta. Duties include, but are not limited to operating forestry equipment, completing outdoor forestry maintenance services, completing daily task lists and performing emergency response with the forestry division.
Examples Of Essential Duties:
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Communicates with other crew workers to assist in the completion of tasks; communicates with supervisor to obtain instructions and advise; provides assistance to public citizens.
- Operates chainsaws and forestry equipment.
- Cleans debris from job sites through mechanical and manual means
- Loads and unloads truck equipment; operates vehicle safety devices.
- Operates truck to get to work location
- Operates heavy equipment, such as front end loaders and a back hoe in the execution of these duties
- Operates forestry maintenance equipment such as chippers, chainsaws and other equipment
- Loads and unloads equipment and materials
- Clean equipment for proper working condition
- Assist in performing maintenance on all equipment
- Maintains high standards of accuracy in exercising duties and responsibilities.
- Exercises immediate remedial action to correct any quality deficiencies that occur in areas of responsibility
- Uses proper equipment and safety procedures to ensure a safe workplace.
- Performs described duties and related assignments efficiently and effectively in order to produce quantity of work which consistently meets standards and expectations of the organization.
- Assumes responsibility for doing work and for meeting deadlines.
- Completes assigned work on or before deadlines in accordance with directives, policies, standards and prescribed procedures.
- Flags vehicular traffic in order to provide protection and safety for employees on work site
- Knows how to keep abreast of any changes in policy, methods, equipment needs, etc. as they pertain to departmental operations and activities.
- Is able to effectively communicate and interact with supervisors, members of the general public and all other groups involved in the activities of the Public Works department
- Is able to assemble information and make written reports and documents in a concise, clear and effective manner as required
- Communicates with supervisor to receive instructions and directions regarding work to be completes; communicate with public to answer questions and secure for safety measures; communicates with co-workers to exchange information
- Performs housekeeping duties
- Has general knowledge of the policies, procedures, and activities of the City and Public Works department
- Implements work activity in accordance with priorities and estimates schedules
- Uses work order to document work performed
- Utilizes motorized maintenance equipment
- Assist with warehouse and storekeeper duties as required
- Operates two-way radio.
- High school diploma or GED required;
- One year of construction, maintenance, or related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Preferred: Valid GA commercial driver's license (CDL)
- Required : Must possess a valid Georgia driver's license.
The City of Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer