Dewberry is currently seeking a Construction Management Executive to provide regional leadership to develop the Firm’s construction management efforts for design-build projects. Construction projects will serve public, private and Federal clients and will range in size from $1 million to $25 million in total project cost.
- Responsible for the following:
- As a seamless partner with the Firms engineering management, develop comprehensive business development strategy.
- Preconstruction activities such as estimating, procurement, teaming, contract negotiations, and scheduling.
- Construction activities such as procurement, field supervision, safety, QC, commissioning, and turnover.
- Strategy will be based on the technical competency of the engineering group, market position, and Contractor teaming partner.
- Build internal capabilities for pre-construction and construction expertise, as opportunities dictate.
- Provide technical expertise centering on large electrical and mechanical systems related to energy, utility, and infrastructure projects (water/wastewater).
- Lead and direct the work of others.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
*This position may be located in the following offices: Bloomfield, NJ; NY, NY; or Chapel Hill, NC.
- B.S. Degree in Construction Management of a related field.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in at risk construction management.
- Experience in Design-Build delivery with strong experience working with engineering groups by driving innovation and value.
- Successful track record of developing a network of Contractor teaming partners.
- Experience in leading pre-construction teams (estimating, procurement and scheduling).
- Experience in leading construction team in a at risk environment (procurement, scheduling, field supervision, safety and commissioning, and turnover).
- Strong risk management skills in the areas of contract knowledge and construction process and procedures.
- Ability to lead and direct work of others.
- Possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
*Dewberry is an equal opportunity employer
*At this time Dewberry will not sponsor new applicants for work authorization.