Posting Job Title: Construction Manager
Requisition #: 154593BR
Posting Location: Brooklyn, NY, US
Area of Interest: Construction
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable is currently seeking a Construction Manager for our Construction Department in New York City. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions
This position will manage construction projects in NYC including but not limited to the following:
- Schedule and prioritize construction maintenance, new build, and relocations
- Serve as single-point of contact between project management and construction execution
- Prepare regular interval forecast and progress reports as required by the project
- Review project costs for accuracy of time, materials and subcontractors
- Manage contractors to ensure completion of work, proper resource allocation, time management, field inspections, and quality control
- Provide oversight during construction on all assigned construction projects
- Create and maintain periodic progress
- Monitor and report performance of projects by ensuring full utilization of tracking tools and reports, observation of and attendance at progress meetings, and direct interaction with personnel and management for feedback
- Coordinate site activities and assure that all disciplines directly involved in the project are in phase with the Project goals and objectives
- Ensure permitting, inspections and code compliance are completed as needed for each assigned project
- Some knowledge of site acquisition, zoning, permitting, landlord negotiations, leasing laws, jurisdictional requirements and environmental compliance
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years CATV/HFC construction or operations experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of Time Warner Cable construction specifications
- Must have high level communication skills to interact with city officials, customers, and legal representation of building owners.
- Must be able to travel within the region daily and must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to read and interpret site plans, construction drawings and scopes of work
- Must be proficient in establishing, maintaining, and managing sub-contractor relationships
FCC Unit_TWC: 8341
Controlling Establishment ID: 00463 - Brooklyn Paidge Ave
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...