The Construction Manager will manage and develop the detailed construction plan for telecommunication site deployments, work closely with all departments and vendor teams to ensure all necessary requirements are met during construction phase of project. Manage and maintain documentation and trackers for all assigned projects including schedules and reports relative to each project using approved tools and processes. Provide management status and summary reports of cell sites engineered and constructed, construction starts planned, completed, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as jobsite representative for the carrier.
- Communicate with and assist the Project Manager, who has ultimate responsibility for the project.
- Assist in the identification and qualification of the various sub-contractors required for the project including all site and building trades.
- Provide coordination and input as needed with utility companies providing services and infrastructure for the project including schedule and cost management.
- Develop initial project specific cost estimates and take lead responsibility with the budgetary management of the various cost components of the project.
- Monitor and ensure schedule performance and quality workmanship of contractors.
- Work closely with the contractor, architect, civil engineer and associated consultants in developing site-specific value engineering options for the work.
- Review change proposals, proposal requests, requests for information, supplemental instructions and other contract documentation as required on behalf of the carrier’s interests.
- Review and approve contractor payment requests.
- Attend local meetings, approval meetings, conferences on behalf of carrier. Document and take action on items in carrier’s interests.
- Maintain relationships and act as carrier’s liaison in matters associated with Federal, State and Municipal matters including the City’s permitting and construction inspection requirements to ensure expeditions and successful delivery of project goals and objectives.
- Review tenant leases and requirements as it pertains to carrier’s construction obligations ensuring carrier meets requirements while controlling project cost.
- Coordinate with tenant’s design and construction personnel to ensure accuracy in the owner’s development of tenant’s construction documents.
- Serve as an information resource by coordinating tenant’s work, participating in construction meetings, resolving disputes, providing ongoing feedback, and coordinating project punch list and close-out.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum three years directly related leadership experience with construction background (general contractor experience preferred)
- Strong consultative, organizational, interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Must have previous site management experience as well as experience at maintaining a good relationship with the client and suppliers
- Must have hands-on experience with directing the activities of contractors and crews for mechanical, electrical, civil and structural construction in an industrial setting
- Ability to read engineering drawings maps is required
- Excellent computer/reporting skills, including a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications and other database/project management tracking tools
- Successful candidates will be high energy, a strong decision maker, and have the interpersonal skills necessary to complete the job ensuring construction is completed accurately per clients specs, and in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, electrical engineering or related technical disciplines (preferably construction management)
Axis Teknologies, LLC - 2 years ago