Empire Construction, a Knoxville, Tennessee based General Contractor, has an immediate opening for an experienced Construction Manager for a multi-family rehab project currently underway in Durham, NC. This position will oversee the jobsite, with critical emphasis on the following:
Provide direct leadership, oversight and managment of a specific project, or portion of the project at the direction of the PM.
Scheduling - develop and maintain production schedules.
- Notify PM of any non-compliance to company policies by employees or subcontractors relating to job site safety or issues regarding property residents or management which could negatively affect the project.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work site.
- Direct and aid in devlopment of Assistant Construction Managers (ACM).
- Interact directly with Property Managers, Maintenance personnel and residents in a positive manner regarding scheduling and any issues which may arise.
- Subcontractor relations - including scheduling, adherence to scope of work, quality oversight, periodic and final inspections.
- Material ordering - including implementation of an order and inventory control plan utilizing the purchase order system when applicable.
Aid with regard to material/labor pricing and negotiation of subcontracts for assigned projects.
- Budgeting - work to stay within budget allowances and promptly notify PM of any situation which could adversely affect the scope of work and/or budget.
- Produce and maintain daily paperwork pertaining to budgets, schedules, subcontractors and vendors.
- Aid in the development of new and existing subcontractors.
Empire Construction offers a competitive salary, health benefits and an inspiring work environment. For consideration, please visit: www.empireconstruction.com, select the 'Careers' tab, then select 'Apply On Line' or send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Protect the company by verifying that required liability and workers compensation insurance is in place at all times.
Nov 21, 2012
US - North Carolina
- 2 years ago - save job