This position is responsible for providing overall administrative and technical direction for multiple projects and may direct several small and/or medium size projects through subordinate managers in the Southern California Area. and/or medium
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, union officials, subcontractors, and security.
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s) to make certain work is completed under budget and on schedule.
- Authorize/approve all project personnel transactions (hiring, transfers, wages, etc.), purchase requisitions, change requests, to ensure corporate/business unit objectives are met.
- Consult on union projects and assist in jurisdictional disputes and negotiations as required, in order to protect Granite’s interests.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, and standards are followed to make certain we adhere to core values.
- Maintain official project log and documentation files in order to track project status.
- Analyze training needs and opportunities and work with OD Department to ensure needs are being met.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Minimum 10 years experience.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), company policies, procedures and standards; and union jurisdiction, labor agreements, negotiation skills essential.
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory, and planning skills required.
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), estimating and forecasting software.
Granite Construction Inc - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Granite Construction Inc. (Granite) is a heavy civil contractor and a construction materials producer. The Company is engaged in the...