Construction Manager |
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is a national company with major offices in the Washington DC area, Atlanta, San Antonio and Honolulu. Client focus ranges from Federal, State, and local Government entities to private sector clients nationally and internationally. J.M. Waller Associates, Inc. offers environmental, engineering, construction and facility management services.
Act as lead construction manager on a 3 person owner's representative team to monitor the successful construction and occupancy of the new 240,000 gross SF, LEED silver rated, Law Enforcement Field Office Project to be constructed in Metro Boston, Massachusetts. The project is a build to suit lease project
· Full time on-site presence during construction.
· Conduct an initial drawing review and submit findings to owner of all errors, omissions, and discrepancies, between owner documents, lease documents, and drawings.
· Conduct on-site bi-weekly project meetings with the owner, consultants, and contractor.
· Write daily reports
· Write weekly reports (summary of RFIs, Submittals, claims, and schedule)
· Manage RFIs.
· Manage Submittals.
· Document and distribute minutes of meetings
· Take photos of progress and quality control issues, date stamp photos, catalogue photos, and forward photos to owners in regular report.
· Manage requests for equitable adjustments from contractor and track against project budget and schedule in monthly report.
· Provide updated move-in date on a bi-weekly basis based upon current schedule progression.
· Provide coordination between government representatives, government contractors, and lessor.
· Assist the owner in tracking Tenant Finish allowances
· Assign and manage cost estimating requirements to cost estimator
· Manage and coordinate with scheduler (Team member #3) for monthly updates and independent reviews of potential schedule impacts.
· Assist in monitoring project meets all the qualifications for LEED Silver Certification
· Observe final inspection and testing of systems
· Reconcile all space summary and as-built conditions with the approved space summaries in the Occupancy Agreement.
· Develop a methodology for tracking and resolving defects and omissions.
· Review, track, and process lessor provided warranties, O&M manuals
· Submit a final close-out report
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
· 10 plus years as an owner's representative experience.
· Federal project experience.
· 2 or more similar projects that were complex in nature including law enforcement facilities, research labs, medical facilities, etc. - Must be able to provide 2 references from identified projects. (Project List must accompany resume when applying)
· 2 or more previous LEED projects.
· OSHA Training.
· Preference for engineering degree.
· Preference for LEED Certification.
· Preference for licensed professional engineer.
· Preference for Certified Construction Manager.
· Preference for existing clearance or HSPID-12 background check
· Preference for knowledge of GSA ePM project management software
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) offers a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated professionals within the environmental, engineering, construction, logistics and facility management fields. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government clients, both domestic and international. Please visit our website for additional exciting career opportunities.
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOB)