Want to put your experience to work with a TOP notch builder?
Want to be a part of a successful TEAM?
Then Meritage Homes is the RIGHT choice for you!
MERITAGE HOMES is where you want to Build your Career
Get Meritage Proud - The American Dream built responsibly to help protect the environment and save our homebuyers' energy dollars. Let us tell you why now is a great time to join the Meritage Homes team and lay the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding career!
With over 25 years in homebuilding, Meritage has positioned itself for growth. We have opportunities available for Superintendent / Home Building professionals who want to take their careers to the next level.
Meritage offers you more:
- The 9th largest homebuilder in the nation.
- Meritage has been listed among Forbes’ Best Managed Companies in America and the “Fortune 1000" largest corporations in America.
- Meritage Homes is known for award winning designs, enduring quality, and commitment to excellence at an exceptional value.
- Meritage Green initiative. We are the only national builder to be energy star qualified for every home we build.
- Meritage Homes is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange Symbol: MTH
What the position involves for YOU:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, and Wellness Programs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings and Flexible Spending Account Plans
- STD/STD and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO (Paid Time Off)… and more!
- Provide ongoing management and monitor all phases of construction in new home projects to include the start, finish and closing of new homes.
- Coordinate on-site construction activity for the scope of work and for all trades.
- Scheduling of subcontractors and delivery dates for materials.
- Supervise the work of laborers and sub-contractors at several home sites within a community.
- Inspect subcontractors work for quality standards.
- Ensure all building codes, Register of Contractor Standards (ROC), and Meritage Home standards of quality are met. Resolve quality control issues as they arise.
- Coordinate the inspection process. Conduct walk-through inspections and other scheduled inspections with the homeowner.
- Communicate safety standards to laborers and sub-contractors; enforces safety regulations on all job sites.
- Manage customer expectations during the construction process through the homeowner orientation.
- Interact daily with various departments of company, subcontractors and city inspectors.
Preferred team members will have:
Local Tampa experience, strongly preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. College coursework in Construction Management, preferred.
- 3 – 4 years construction experience with some supervisory or project oversight experience.
- Advanced training in one or more trades within the residential building industry is strongly preferred.
- A degree in Construction Management may be substituted for experience
- Knowledge of homebuilding and construction systems/processes, building codes and Register of Contractor Standards (ROC).
- Must be able to read blueprints to maintain quality control and inspect all aspects of construction including framing, stucco installations, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Hyphen a plus.
- Knowledge and use of a wide range of hand and power tools.
- Ability to explain complex issues to others in a manner easily understood by both associates in the industry and customers with limited knowledge of construction processes or terminology.
- Excellent problem/conflict resolution skills, ability to handle and diffuse difficult situations and customer concerns in a positive manner.
- A high degree of professionalism, tact and ability to influence others.
- Ability to prioritize projects, work against deadlines and organize work flow with multiple interruptions.
- Sound judgment, ability to make decisions, work and act independently, and seek assistance or consult with more senior construction personnel when necessary.
- Work requires the ability to operate an automobile, have a valid state Drivers License, and personal vehicle liability Insurance coverage to meet the standard set by Meritage Homes.
Meritage Homes Corporation - 23 months ago