Job Title: Construction Operations Manager Supervisor: V.P. / Business Director
Status: Salary/Bonus Plan Created on: 05-07-13
(This is a supervisory position) Revised: 05-07-13
Manage the Project Manager team in line with the company strategic plan; Mission, Vision and Core Values; effective communication skills and exceptional customer service while ensuring all projects and related processes run smoothly . Coordinate construction activities in accordance with schedules, quality and profitability standards. Focus is on surpassing the goals and expectations of the insurance companies and clientele. You will be responsible for training and motivating the construction team while managing, recruiting and negotiating with subcontractors, vendors and suppliers. In this front-line role, you will primarily oversee the operational management of construction based losses, maintaining high level of communications and thorough planning with all parties involved.
- Coordinates reconstruction activities and resources for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Oversees large and/or complex construction projects to ensure quality and service delivery.
- Confirms project work scopes, including mitigation efforts with Emergency Mitigation Supervisor/Project Manager on site.
- Deploys and assists in building the best quality team and sub trades required for projects in order to achieve the objectives of our company strategic plan.
- Manage and participate in the selection of sub trades for projects.
- Conducts weekly production meetings to develop and maintain detailed project schedules which include administrative tasks for multiple sites; communicates findings with executive management team.
- Inspects progress and work quality during and post project completion.
- Ensures that all project requirements are being fulfilled and deadlines, milestones and acceptable GP levels are being achieved. Resolves disputes and complaints when necessary.
- Participates in ongoing monitoring of internal processes to maximize profit potential.
- Reviews Xactimate estimates prior to submittal. Verifies accuracy for change orders, credit memos and invoicing. Approves sub-trade invoices as needed.
- Practices the company Standard Operating Procedures for Water Mitigation, Mold Remediation and Asbestos Abatement.
- Ensures that the company safety policies and procedures are followed for all personnel and sub-contractors; ensures all personnel are up to date with all health and safety requirements.
- Ensures proper equipment selection per IICRC S-500 guidelines, proper monitoring and equipment management for all water claims in concert with Mitigation Supervisor.
- Promotes a culture of excellence to attract, retain and motivate the best quality team.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with the Property Owner, Insurance Adjuster, Insurance Company and or Corporate Client, throughout the progression of multiple projects.
- Continually promotes the company Motto “We Care 24/7” and demonstrates a quality company reputation/image through professional appearance, job performance and ethical business behavior.
- Demonstrate effective leadership with co-workers in following and implementing the company’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Possess a detailed understanding of reconstruction practices for properties that have suffered water, wind, mold, fire and vandalism damages.
- Knowledge of building codes to include electrical, plumbing and mechanical related codes.
- Knowledge of the laws and ordinances regulating building construction.
- Familiarity with Xactanalysis/Crawford Contractor Connection assignments.
- Proven effective and persuasive communication/sales/customer service skills.
- Accounting competency with an understanding of invoicing, progress billing, calculating profitability, etc.
- Professional appearance with a pleasant telephone and person to person voice/manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and lead/instruct people in a team environment.
- Effective time management, decision making/judgment, stress tolerance and coordination skills.
- Ability to face unexpected challenges during the day.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, detail oriented environment, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Problem and resolution analysis at a strategic level.
- Ability to compose correspondence, type 45 wpm, knowledge of the Basic English language structure (spelling, composition and grammar.)
- Maintain confidentiality/professionalism when interacting with clients, employees, vendors and guests of NuBilt.
- Understanding of general HR guidelines.
- Willingness to work additional hours as needed.
- Four Year Construction Management/Project Management Degree/Diploma OR a minimum of
10-12 years “Hands On” and/or supervisory construction knowledge/experience in residential/light commercial.
- Minimum of 5 years in the restoration/emergency service industry
- Advanced Xactimate estimating skills
- Advanced skills with sketching, scoping and creating diagrams.
- Advanced understanding of job costing and contract pricing experience.
- Advanced knowledge of drying sciences and application of cleaning agents for specialty losses such as bio-hazard, mold, asbestos, LBP and sewage claims.
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Office
- IICRC WRT, FSRT, OCT required
- OSHA 10 & 30 hour Construction Industry Completion/Certification.
- IRC - International Residential Code Licensed/Certified.
- IBC - International Building Code Licensed /Certified.
- OSHA Confined Space Certification.
- CPR Training/Certification.
- Successfully estimated and/or managed a minimum of $1,000,000 annually.
- Ability to manage projects/jobs without management supervision for projects, $250,000 and above.
- Proven track record with training and supervision of Project Managers.
- 2 years experience with Auto CAD.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Advanced construction continuing education: Construction Management, safety, roofing, estimating/design, CAD, etc.
Personal computer, mobile phone, calculator, printers/fax/scanners.
Indoor environment is general office setting. Occasional outdoor environment with visits to project sites and meeting with existing and potential clients. Occasional standing, kneeling, bending & reaching.
Indeed - 11 months ago