Plans and directs all tasks required in construction units. Supervises and coordinates construction activities in the field.
Duties will include:
Duties Will Include:
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Following Qualifications:
- Manages contractors and vendors; approves work and materials; withholds payment for unsatisfactory work and materials; and reviews/approves purchase/change orders.
- Manages Assistant Superintendents, including training and developing, for improved performance, professional growth and possible advancement through daily interaction and feedback.
- Manages the daily logistics of the job site to ensure various contractors are enabled to work harmoniously. This includes staging the job site by determining the timing of material deliveries and location for storage.
- Manages work against benchmarks and timetables to ensure that contractors, employees and vendors perform on schedule and on budget.
- Plans and coordinates starts, and modifies work schedules to minimize delays.
- Oversees security programs to avoid problems of worksite theft and vandalism.
- Oversees Standard Pacific’s jobsite compliance programs and monitors subcontractor compliance with applicable government regulations, such as building codes, environmental, health and safety issues.
- Ensures that work performed and completed on the jobsite meets the quality specifications of Standard Pacific.
- Acts as Standard Pacific’s primary point of contact on the jobsite with third parties such as subcontractors and government inspectors.
- Oversees and manages all or aspects of the home-building process from receipt of the building permit to closing of the sale.
- Communicates with Sales, Purchasing, Homeowners and Trades as required to successfully execute the homebuilding process and other business plan specifics.
- College degree desirable but not required.
- Previous construction experience (2-4 years).
- Familiarity with Microsoft applications, including Windows, Excel and Word.
- Must have ability to read and understand architectural and structural blueprints.
- Must have the ability to read and understand all off-site improvement plans.
Standard Pacific's foundation is built on single-family homes. Active in Arizona, California, the Carolinas, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, and...