Responsible for performing construction and maintenance activities
on transmission and distribution systems and facilities as applicable. Performs such work in accordance with
company regulatory and safety procedures.
- Assists in the installation and maintenance of
natural gas lines, meters and regulators.
- Assists in conducting leakage surveys. Reads maps, locates underground natural
gas lines, classifies natural gas leaks, operates combustible natural gas
indicators and flame ionization units.
- Operates and maintains heavy and/or specialized
equipment and tools.
- May assist in welding operations.
- May assist in the installation and maintenance of
cathodic protection systems.
- Performs activities to ensure responsiveness to
natural gas and other emergencies.
- Completes and maintains accurate records and reports
to comply with Company and regulatory requirements.
- May be required to hold stand-by duty, work shifts,
holidays, weekends, emergency call outs, and occasional extensive
- Is subject to reporting outside regular work area.
- Identifies, addresses, and reports safety and
encroachment issues to their resolution and completion.
- Is responsible for the safe operation and inspection
of assigned Company vehicles and equipment.
- Demonstrates support for and adheres to the Company’s
values, strategies, policies and procedures and exhibits the core values
of AtmoSpirit, Customer Service, Safety and the Company’s Code of Conduct
both as an individual contributor, team member and/or leader of others.
- Must become familiar with the contents of the Safety
Manual, live by the spirit of its intent and become involved in
creating and maintaining a safe working environment. Must complete all required safety
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As a Safety-Sensitive position, pre and post-employment
screenings, including but not limited to drug testing as outlined by the
Department of Transportation (DOT) and Pipeline & Hazardous Materials
Safety Administration (PHMSA), and motor vehicle record (MVR) background checks
- High school diploma or equivalent and
- Natural gas construction and/or service field
experience is preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain minimum Operator
Qualifications (OQs) and classroom training for position and any other
required OQs and classroom training or certifications within six months.
- Requires valid driver’s license in accordance with
Company standards. May require CDL, if required see Driver’s Qualification
- Must obtain and maintain a Competent Person
certificate within 6 months.
- May require welding certification.
- Requires ability to utilize the Company’s
internet/intranet web site and available resources for data entry,
reference and/or retrieval tasks.
- Requires the ability to communicate with
internal/external customers to obtain and/or provide explanations and/or
- Works outdoors in all types of weather and may be
exposed to extremes of climate and temperatures, high noise levels, rough
terrain, and occasional work on ladders, roofs, attics, and under houses
as well as confined spaces.
- May require overnight travel.
- May have residence requirement due to call-out
- Works as an individual contributor and/or as member
of a team. Requires occasionally performing activities including, but not
limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning
- Requires the acute sense of sight and hearing
(corrected or uncorrected) and strong sense of smell.
- Must be able to lift tools, equipment and materials
up to and including 60 pounds.
If you are interested please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity please send your cover letter and resume to Georgia.firstname.lastname@example.org .
Liberty Utilities - 20 months ago
Liberty Utilities provides a superior customer experience through walk-in customer centers, locally focused conservation and energy...