SUMMARY: The Planning Technician is a self driven individual capable of setting and communicating goals that meet or exceed client expectations. The position requires the individual to play an important role within a larger team. Collaboration with multi-discipline groups is essential. This position is hands-on at all times and will help lead from time to time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other support duties may be assigned.
• Compiles thoughts and ideas from past experience, education, design concepts and input from others.
• Performs electrical layout for the purpose of improving installation efficiency
• Interprets drawings, blue prints, submittal information and specifications, using electrical knowledge
• Effectively communicates with Project Managers, Engineers, Prefabrication Leadmen and Site Management
• Understands and utilizes Agile Project Planning Process flowchart
• Manages project scope tasks and dynamics (technical/personal)
• Manages information received and flow of information (from who/when)
• Effectively leads/participates in team meetings
• Identifies themes/repeatability in workflow and takes advantage for drafting efficiency/prefab ideas
• Estimates and schedules work hours/hours needed to finish tasks on schedule
• Monitors/controls hours necessary to carry out drafting tasks
• Complete tasks within a scheduled timeline
• Manages level of detail and quality required on individual drawings
• Understands and implements Planning Team Standards and rules of thumb during project layout and drafting
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Up to 50% travel is expected.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, preferably emphasizing 3D design (Solidworks, AutoCAD, Revit); or 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Electrical experience is not necessary, but construction industry experience is preferred.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Should possess the ability to read, understand and visualize architectural and structural plans into a 3-dimensional image. Ability to convey this image to others thru use of verbal description and/or isometric sketches. Possesses the ability to visualize the task, product or output prior to starting work on tasks.
Your application will be considered only if all questions are