Oversee all projects contract procurement for specific SunEdison installations including BOS (Balance of System) and equipment if needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of Request For Proposals (RFPs) for Solar project installations. Insure work conforms to plan specifications, codes, and SE standards.
- Management and planning of Day-to-Day operations with internal stakeholders and bidders during the construction procurement process
- Assist in preparation of project budget, schedules and bid package plans and specifications.
- Support in Contract Administration as needed.
- Assists / coordinates with the SunEdison Project Engineer for maintenance of project plans and specifications during the procurement process
- Responsible for coordination of questions and information needed by bidders.
- Responsible for the maintenance of periodic procurement progress reports and provide status reports to Director of Operations and Director of Sourcing.
- Provide preliminary review and approval of contractor’s SunEdison certification applications.
- Develop and track contractor’s quality evaluation matrix for all contractors within SunEdison.
- Lead in negotiating pricing and or request proposals from subs.
- Responsible for all closeout documents related to RFP process. These are to be complete and accurate.
- Provide feedback -- Value Engineering and Innovative ideas -- during the RFP process to make projects more efficient, reduce costs and improve quality and reliability.
- Other specific project duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in construction industry. Minimum of 3 years experience of procurement experience.
- Strong knowledge of contract negotiations and enforceability.
- Must be able to read and interpret plans accurately. Experience with RFI & RFP process and ability to transfer plans into actual construction.
- Strong organizational skills to manage the activities required in the installation of large commercial electrical systems.
- Must be computer proficient. Good working knowledge of MS Office 2007 programs, specifically Word, Excel and Project. Able to accurately complete and provide reporting documents as needed.
- Proven managerial skills including; employee development, leadership, prioritization, communication, and motivation.
- Some regional travel (up to 60%) to meet with contractors and audit sites.
- Experience with civil, light structural and Electrical installation a plus.
Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods of driving and or office work is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
Heavy lifting may be required. Exertion of up to 75 lbs of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
SunEdison offers a competitive base salary + performance based bonus program with a leading, high growth entrepreneurial company. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage; life insurance; hybrid vehicle assistance; public transportation assistance; generous paid time off and a matching 401(k) program.