A current need exists for an experience Construction Project Administrator that can oversee all construction projects in Eastern Oregon and Central Washington.
As the Administrator you will be responsible for the daily administration of Inside Plant Construction work that has been assigned to contractors.
You will act as the main point of contact and as such will be required to resolve all issues, and interface with contractors. In addition, you will partner with various departments such as Engineering to ensure that the necessary work is completed with the best quality and price.
1. Assist with approval or rejection of all requests by the contractors on any changes from the original work order
2. Perform in-progress and final quality inspections of contractors work
3. Interface with contractors on quality and safety issues.
4. Validate & process Contractor invoices
5. Assist contractors and other departments with materials required for each project
6. Provides technical expertise and assistance to Contract Administration for default proceedings against contractors.
7. Interact with Network managers and directors in successfully responding to and resolving service escalations to meet customer requests and expectations.
8. Ensure that work is completed in an accurate, timely, and efficient manner.
9. Monitor and submit expenses ensuring adherence to defined budget.
10. Develop, communicate and reinforce a clear vision for the department and business
11. Interact with to effectively monitor and manage completion of daily work, improve overall performance, and resolve specific issues
- Prior experience in Contract Management, COE Installation or Quality Management - at least one year
- At a minimum 3 years of experience in Inside Plant Construction or Engineering
- MUST BE WILLING and ABLE to TRAVEL EXTENSIVELY (Company Car is provided)
- Must have a great driving record
- Ability to perform quality and safety reviews and address performance issues in these areas with the contractors
- Experience in inventory and materials management
- Ability to read and interpret project Design Work Packages/Specifications
- Knowledge of various computer systems such as SAP, COE-FM, IOT, Fireworks and Bidmaster is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to motivate others, use good teamwork skills, including development of interdepartmental relationships and the ability to make complex decisions.