KING COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY
invites applications for the position of:
Construction Project Engineer Two Vacancies
SALARY : $23.36 - $31.24 Hourly
$4,049.07 - $5,414.93 Monthly
OPENING DATE: 01/23/13
CLOSING DATE: 02/06/13 04:30 PM
King County Housing Authority, a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing is currently recruiting for two experienced Project Engineers to work in the Capital Construction Department located at the Central Office in Tukwila, WA.
This is administrative work in construction management. Incumbents in this class support and provide assistance to project managers or department director. Prepares plans, specifications, and cost estimates for new construction, renovations, remodeling, rehabilitation, weatherization, alteration, or maintenance of residential housing and community development projects. Obtains building permits, maintains submittals and logs, updates project schedules, maintain project file, participates in progress meetings, maintains as built drawings, and assist in project close out process.
This section serves to illustrate the more typical aspects of the work indicative of the classification. The primary functions of the classification are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of each position allocated to the classification. The responsibilities and essential duties typically performed by positions allocated to this classification on a frequent and recurring basis include:
1. Prepares detailed cost estimates for proposed projects, change order proposals and conducts value engineering studies. Ensures timely acquisition of permits.
2. Completes change order proposals for project manager approval and maintains change order proposal log. Completes contractor request for information and submittals in shortest time possible and maintains log of requests. Track and maintain contractor product and material submittals. Ensures that submittals meet specifications and plans. Report findings and recommendations to project managers. Ensures preparation of internal cost estimates prior to issuance of change order proposal
3. Maintains project files and documentation. Ensures complete documentation is in files. Requests additional documentation as needed. Maintains and tracks as built drawings and ensures completeness and accuracy. Reviews and files MSDS sheets. Makes recommendation for alternative materials.
4. Prepare close out documents for management review. Review operation and maintenance manuals for completeness and accuracy. Distribute O & M manuals. Gather and file final permits with regulatory agency sign off.
5. Attends progress meetings to assist with project initiatives and schedules. Gathers full understand of project issues and schedules to assists with timely completion of projects. Updates internal project schedules and works with contractors on updates and tracking. Assists with green build and sustainability initiatives.
6. Assists with pre-construction activities and bid document preparations including boilerplate specifications, RFPs, RFQs, and invitations for bid. Attend pre-construction meetings and assist with bid openings, tabulations, and ensures complete and accurate documentation for all bid procurement process.
7. Certify businesses that declare themselves Section 3. Document criteria to determine if the business meets the minimum standards as defined by HUD Code of Federal Regulations. Submit yearly reports to HUD.
8. Establish and maintain working relationships with contractors, local businesses, labor unions and other community agencies to encourage, create and provide employment and economic development opportunities for residents.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
The qualifications and competencies required to perform the duties and responsibilities of this classification are:
Work requires knowledge of the principles and techniques of construction cost estimating, familiarity with RS Means Cost Estimating, schedule, project permitting process, change order preparation and processing, requests for information processing, contractor submittals for materials and products, construction document preparation and bidding process, and project close out procedures. Familiarity with contract management practices. Requires ability to demonstrate independent judgment and work well with others, effective methods of communication and interpersonal relations.
Work requires the ability to accurately read, understand, and interpret construction documents, specifications; communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing. Good computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Access Database, Outlook and Internet.
A typical way to obtain the qualifications and competencies is:
- Work requires an Associate’s degree, preferably in Construction Management with one to three years experience in Construction Project Management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with occasional travel between work sites. Incumbents frequently use standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone, and related equipment and may drive a vehicle on Housing Authority business.
Valid Washington State Drivers License and acceptable driving record at time of appointment and throughout employment are required in this position.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
600 Andover Park West
Tukwila, WA 98188
NWJobs - 2 years ago