Tommy Bahama defines relaxed, sophisticated, island-inspired living, with a complete collection of men’s and women’s sportswear, denim, swimwear, accessories, a complete home collection and restaurants. Tommy Bahama is looking for a qualified Construction Project Manager, Remodel Projects to join our efforts to create an island lifestyle that inspires the world to relax.
Collaborate with the design team during the architectural documentation and permitting stage and manage the construction phases of remodel retail or restaurant store buildouts. Assist in the development of the capital budgets and schedules for each project working in collaboration with the Director of Store Development and manage each project against the budget and schedule ensuring adherence to both.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
• Partner with and manage the internal and external design effort against the project budget and schedule.
• Perform timely reviews of all architectural and engineering documentation to ensure programmatic compliance and minimal change orders.
• Review specific project pay applications, change orders and invoices ensuring compliance with established project budgets and schedules.
• Manage the external architectural documentation.
• Ensure all local jurisdictional requirements for permitting and occupancy certificates are met within the schedule parameters of the project.
• Manage all activities of the assigned external construction manager (if required).
• Select and negotiate final contract terms with the general contractor, millwork supplier, millwork installer, security, signage, landscape, audio, and floor covering vendors.
• Ensure consistent use of Tommy Bahama Group Purchase Orders and Services Agreements.
• Update project budgets weekly.
• Collaborate with Finance to manage collection of Tenant Improvement Allowances as applicable for each project.
• Collaborate with Director of Store Development to negotiate Construction Work Letter exhibits for project leases.
• Collaborate with Director of Store Development to formalize project management documentation and internal communication.
• Make periodic site visits to assigned projects to ensure site progress, provide required clarification to on site contractors, confirm performance of owner’s proprietary vendors and evaluate progress pay applications against the work in place.
• Manage the development and completion of the project closeout effort including all warranty letters, final lien waiver collection, contact lists, finish schedules and finish samples.
EXPERIENCE, TALENT AND EDUCATION
• College Degree in Business or Construction Management.
• 8-10 + years in construction management with an emphasis on retail construction remodel projects.
• Detailed experience with Construction Work Letter language and general understanding of lease business terms.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a high energy – high pressure – budget and schedule driven environment.
• Solid experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Project software.