InTown Suites, a leader in extended-stay living, is now hiring a Construction Project Manager in the Chicago, IL area . The Construction Project Manager is a full-time position and reports directly to the Director of Design and Construction.
The Design and Construction Department is tasked with remodeling properties as well as emergency projects, large general repairs and structural corrections. This position requires creative resolution of various issues that arise with wood frame commercial structures. The successful candidate will be required to identify and qualify general contractors and have a stable of contractors available.
The Construction project Manager must successfully relate to hourly property employees as well as corporate personnel. The position requires interaction with construction professionals, suppliers and governmental agencies. This position will allow the candidate to use estimating, coping, planning, scheduling, persuasion and detailed construction skills.
- Oversee multi-state 3rd party construction activities including material take offs, scheduling, bidding, contract awards, construction administration, warranty administration, project closeouts and compliance with document rentention requirements.
- Contribute to the capital budgeting process.
- Develop project scopes of work.
- Process documentation for contracts, change orders and related activites.
- Coordinate all project communications
- Monitor and maintain project timelines, milestones and budget adherence.
- Understand ADA requirements for the hospitality industry.
- Understand property and casuality insurance requirements.
- Interface with government regulators as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 10 years construction management experience with 5 years in the hospitality ownership industry (not general contracting).
- Ability to travel heavily and with short notice (60% - 80%).
- Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings and technical specifications.
- Ability to delegate and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to examine work for exactness, neatness and conformance with company policies and procedures.
- Visit job sites, report progress and resolve issues (weekly depending on scope, volume and phasing of projects).
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, digital camera and other required programs and equipment.
- Excellent written and spoken communication, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- A confident self-starter who requires minimal supervision, is comfortable with ambiguity and is very adaptable.
- Ability to attend meetings as required.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and background screening
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- 401(k) with generous company match
InTown Suites is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Attach Resume and enter "Job Code" and your name in the subject line.
Project Manager - Chicago
"In town? Sweet!" That's what InTown Suites likes to hear traveling businesspeople say. The company owns more than 130 InTown...