Alfred Benesch & Co., a multi-disciplined civil, structural, geotechnical and environmental engineering firm has an immediate opportunity for an entry level Construction Engineer in our Omaha, NE office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- BS in civil or construction engineering or in a related engineering curriculum required.
- Engineering Intern status or ability to pursue Engineering Intern registration required
- Experience utilizing ArcGIS, Microstation and Geopak, and/or AutoCAD desirable
- Excellent communication and intrapersonal skills.
- Strong organization and ability to perform services efficiently and within budgets and schedules.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Review and assure project supervisor of adequacy of budget and schedule.
- Follow applicable project procedures.
- Perform construction observation of construction activities.
- Maintain a field book in accordance with project procedures.
- Perform measurements of construction work performed and quantity calculations of pay items.
- Prepare Inspector’s Daily Reports and other project documentation as required by the project procedures and as directed by the project supervisor.
- Report to the project supervisor on progress of work, including technical issues, status of work remaining to be done, and any noted deficiencies.
- Comply with all project and company safety guidelines.
- Review plans, specifications and submittals relating to assigned work.
- Provide design or other professional assistance to project managers as assigned.
- Maintain company owned vehicle or other equipment assigned for use on the project.
Benesch - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Benesch designs complex highway interchanges, major river bridges, parking structures and structural systems for high-rise buildings. We...