Individual contributor responsible for the overall risk control assessment, evaluation, consulting and technical support on complex issues/assignments. Recognized as a technical expert in Construction risk control.. Under general management direction, works within broad limits of authority requiring a high degree of technical complexity and coordination. May have regional, industry segment or company-wide scope. Territory will be Long Island and NYC metro area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Performs workplace/work site risk evaluation and consultative risk improvement services which may include large and/or special accounts of some complexity.
2. Provides risk assessment information on complex accounts to support the underwriting process for prospective, new and renewal accounts. Submits corresponding Risk Control recommendations or business solutions to minimize identified exposures.
3. Assesses customer's risk control program needs and develops and executes a customized strategy and supporting implementation plan for further refinements or improvements.
4. Makes recommendations on the development and implementation of risk control policy, marketing and business strategy to support achievement of local Branch and overall enterprise profit and growth strategies.
5. Develops and maintains business relationships with internal and external business partners.
6. Develops and conducts education, training, and presentations.
7. Provides expertise in one or more specialty area to both internal and external customers.
8. May identify opportunities for and/or develop new products and services.
9. Conducts agency/broker visits to build relationships, discuss account or book of business issues and market CNA?s products and services to support territorial business needs.
10. May be responsible for special projects.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Director or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Advanced technical and product specific expertise, risk control evaluation and assessment skills and knowledge of insurance and risk control principles, practices and procedures.
2. Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
3. Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize multiple concurrent assignments.
4. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
6. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
7. Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
8. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
9. Ability and willingness to travel extensively.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designations preferred.
2. Typically a minimum of five to eight years risk control experience, with exposures to construction risks, and with proven track record of results.
United States-New York-New York
United States-New York-NYAA-New York Work at Home, United States-New Jersey-NJAA-New Jersey Work at Home
Comm Ins-RC-Field Ops East
CNA Insurance - 6 months ago
More than one million businesses and professionals count on CNA for thoughtful solutions, solid products and dedicated services. From main...