Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Construction Sales Representative For Waste Connections of Texas?
Are you creative, self-driven, and money motivated? Are you as comfortable interacting with people at the top of the ladder as at the bottom of the ladder? Do you long for an interactive, fun, and casual yet professional workplace? Is an unstructured and open environment just the ticket for you? If you answered yes to all of these questions, join us at our Houston, TX offices as a Construction Sales Representative .
Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is continuing to grow throughout the Rocky Mountains, Western, Midwestern, and Southeastern U. S. Our range of services includes solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to more than 2 million commercial, industrial, and residential customers across the United States.
A Day In The Life Of A Waste Connections Outside Sales Representative:
What You Have To Have:
- We are a busy, high energy company so the bulk of your time will be spent selling construction roll off waste removal and disposal services in the Houston metro area and surrounding areas.
- This is a high volume selling position so you need to deliver daily in regard to preparing bids, gathering data for your weekly call reports as well as calling new and existing customers.
- Your relationship with your customers is crucial. You are their partner in assessing needs and providing effective solutions.
- Keeping the pipeline full is a must. Pro-active, creative selling is an ongoing process. This is not a telemarketing position – business and relationships are built by face-to-face contact.
- In the midst of it all, you need to keep your manager updated on status of all your selling and pipeline efforts and progress including preparing bids, sales reports, and tracking revenues.
- Another key component of this position is working with your District Manager and Sales Manager to define and execute a marketing strategy.
What Would Be Great To Have:
- 3+ years outside business-to-business sales with a proven track record of success
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing or a related field
- Marketing and brand development experience
- Experience in developing and executing construction sales strategies
- Excellent communication, computer, and organizational skills
- Ability to travel required. The bulk of your time will be spent in the field.
What’s In It For You:
- Solid waste industry or equivalent experience
- English/Spanish bilingual
You will be joining a great team and a company in a “work hard, play harder” environment along with a competitive base salary plus commission. In addition, we offer:
We also offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Other peripheral benefits include a strong presence in our local communities, sustainability initiatives, and more. For more information and to apply, please visit www.wasteconnections.com.
- Guaranteed commission for the 1st three months
- Company paid phone and iPad
- A set monthly car allowance
- Ongoing field training
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Waste Connections - 17 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...