Construction Services Technician I
As a Construction Services Technician I with Terracon you will under close supervision of higher level technicians or staff professionals, perform routine field and/or laboratory work, transport samples or documents, and perform non-technical functions and office tasks.
Reports to: Department Manager and/or Office Manager
Position Supervises: None
Essential Functions and Duties:
· Performs sampling or testing as directed.
· Provides assistance to other field and/or laboratory personnel
· Transports equipment, specimens or documents to field personnel, laboratory, clients or other offices, and provides physical assistance in equipment set-up.
· Cleans equipment, vehicles and work areas
· Assists other technicians or professional staff on routine tasks
· Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
- Complete safety orientation program.
- Abide by safety and personal protective equipment policies.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and avoid unsafe behaviors.
- Drive defensively, avoid preventable accidents and always wear a seat belt.
- Attend regularly scheduled safety training.
- Report all unsafe conditions to your Supervisor.
· May perform drafting when necessary.
· May complete chain of custody forms and prepare samples for shipment
· May perform other duties as assigned; such as working as a drillers helper
· Assist in tabulation of data and preliminary preparation of data for reports.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may be required to drive, often hundreds of miles per day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to read and understand English.
· Ability to read and understand equipment operations, to collect data, and to properly record collected information.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment will typically be moderate to moderately loud.
- Overnight travel may be required with this position
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history (unless other arrangements have been approved by Division Manager and Corporate).
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Terracon requires that candidates complete a satisfactory criminal background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment.
**No Recruiters/Agencies Please**
Terracon - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Employee-owned Terracon Consultants provides geotechnical, environmental, construction material evaluation, pavement engineering and...