The role of the Superintendent is to plan, organize, direct, and control the building aspects each project in order to meet budget, quality, time and safety objectives.
- Understand and administer the BPGS safety program to include all subcontractors, ensure that all accidents/incidents are promptly reported and investigated, and assist in safety inspections by outside agencies.
- Direct the work flow consistent with the project schedule, communicate project priorities to field staff and subcontractors, maintain daily diary of all activities and site conditions, and manage the punch list and closeout process through owner/architect acceptance.
- Work with project manager in formulating project schedule, ensure that the proper methods and sequence of installation are followed, makes and follows through with schedule commitments, and maintains BPGS quality standards.
- Maintain good working relationship with all subcontractors on the project, develop relationships within the community which enhances business opportunities, and ensure subcontractors are treated fairly.
- Ensure complete, accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets, understand subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, and identify problems early and act immediately to provide solutions.
- Develop and organize the field team, arrange for temporary facilities/utilities for the site, and identify long lead items that need to be expedited.
- Must have mid-rise to high-rise experience, less than 25 stories
- 5+ years of experience in commercial general contracting
Local candidates only please as no relocation will be provided. Salary is commensurate with experience. BPG is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 15 months ago
BPGS Construction, LLC ("BPGS") is a full service construction management subsidiary of BPG. The company provides a broad range of...