Cambridge Marine ("CM") is looking for a qualified Construction Superintendent to provide daily on-site supervision of subcontractors.
- Monitor contractor production, schedule and performance.
- Assist with contractor quality control and safety at construction locations
- Assist Project Managers on walk-thru’s with contractors and the Navy for bidding purposes.
- Communicate daily status of current projects to Project Manager to ensure all projects are timely and within CM standards.
- Maintain 100% “Compliance Readiness” in all areas or mandatory/regulatory requirements.
- Maintain 100% “Safety Standards and Accountability” in all areas or mandatory/regulatory requirements, which include: Taking necessary action when behaviors or conditions around you may be unsafe.
- Reporting and addressing all potential safety concerns/incidents/issues promptly.
- Facilitating or participating in CM safety meetings, work safely and maintain a safe work environment as an employee and representative of CM.
- Ensure the project is built within contract document specifications, owner requirements, and comply with local, state and federal building codes.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to develop a schedule for submittals, and to review all submittals for accuracy and completeness, prior to forwarding them to the Design Team and Government for final approval.
- Assist the project team in understanding the contract document specifications in their discipline.
- Work in conjunction with the Government and with the Field staff to ensure quality and timeliness of project construction and completion.
- Maintaining a safe construction site through direction and training of workers, providing PPE and safety equipment and written documentation to maintain accountability of sub-contractor work force.
- Provide full-time support in the field, on the construction projects, to assure operations are planned and conducted in a safe manner.
- Ability to clearly speak, write, read and understand the English language.
- Basic computer experience, including the ability to take online training, email general reports and use Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge and experience of project and construction practices.
- Knowledge and experience with Navy and other federal agency, policies and procedures for construction contracts.
- Working knowledge and experience with scheduling.
- Working knowledge and experience with project/contract budgets.
- Ability to execute safety and quality control plans.
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills that include good listening, providing clear direction and effective feedback.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Indeed - 15 months ago