The Construction Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Maintains the job site office and closes out projects.
- Assist project managers with project logistics, and adherence to project timelines;
- Monitor the work of the construction subcontractors;
- Conduct and schedule field meetings and generate daily reports of field progress.
- Provides overall on-site administrative and technical management on the construction project site.
- Supervises total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client, A/E and other contractors.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, etc.)
- Conducts the work in a manner resulting in minimal, if any, impact on the building owner and occupants.
- Provides technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
- Assists project manager in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
- Ensures all onsite personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, quality control procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
- Assumes responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of project.
- Maintains job progress in accordance with the schedule, including such items as where the subcontractors are working and with the proper number of workers.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plan options
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Superintendent in the Construction industry, with extensive experience in new commercial construction;
- Core Competencies: Organization: Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
Indeed - 18 months ago