Coordinate administrative functions for the Construction department.
• Successfully manage the administrative aspects of multiple construction projects occurring simultaneously.
• Build, maintain and manage the building permit database. Track permits in support of Right of Way.
• Ensure project documents are completed according to Company standards, placed in PAC-Track. Ensure all documents are current.
• Coordinate and manage monthly “building permit drive-out” in preparation for new builds.
• Initiate and process network change notifications and asbuilt information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ensure relevancy and accuracy of information by initiating and coordinating network and system map updates.
• Produce and maintain timely and accurate documentation.
• Provide weekly, monthly and annual reports.
• Read, comprehend, and utilize network system maps and plans.
• Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midcontinent’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Effectively communicate with other departments to handle escalating issues in a timely manner.
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
• Actively follow Midcontinent policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• High school diploma or GED required. Some college or vocational training preferred.
• Minimum one year of construction experience required. Telecommunications industry preferred.
• Working knowledge of construction, the National Electrical Code, OSHA regulations, state and local regulations and general safety standards required.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part of Our...