Construction Technician |
Out Plant Maint-Cheyenne
WY / Cheyenne
Performs all types of CATV system plant construction (i.e. aerial, underground, apartment and commercial plant survey) as well as assisting the senior technician in daily work procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Primary functions associated with system mark out including: researching tickets received (which notify Optimum that some type of construction is to be done), determining if there is Optimum work that needs to be marked, painting potentially affected locations and documenting all work.
• Performs activities associated with system layout, strand mapping, construction, installation, replacement and rebuild of plant, introduction to activation, survey of all CATV system construction components, and assisting the technician II and senior technician in the use of and interpretation of system maps used for construction purposes.
• Performs tasks related to wiring of interior and exterior home installations and apartment installations. Ensure that all wiring, enclosures, connections and equipment are installed to Optimum specifications.
• Assists and takes direction in completing any and all paperwork related tasks using appropriate company documentation relating to construction is completed in a full and accurate manner.
• Assists in troubleshooting and repair of aerial and underground cables.
• Locates and/or repairs cables or equipment pertaining to homes, multiple dwelling unit’s, Building Attachment projects, aerial and underground.
• Ensures individual compliance with safety guidelines as laid out in Cablevisions safety manual, in relationship to OSHA, National Electric Safety Code (NESC), National Electric Code (NEC) and Building Officials Code Administration. (BOCA), Blue Book, SCTE Construction & Fiber Manuals.
• Coordinates surveys, inquiries and complaints with other departments.
• Takes direction and performs all handling and placement of all cables and conduits in open trenches. Also takes direction and assists with the opening and excavation of all trenches, shot and recovery holes, inspection pits and equipment.
• Performs other assigned duties as directed by manager or supervisor that may be necessary from time to time.
• Meets company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an on going basis. Responsible for performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Optimum policies and procedures.
• Completes any and all paperwork tasks using appropriate company documentation relating to construction, by ensuring documentation is completed in a full and accurate manner. Informs senior construction technicians of any and all issues that may extend beyond the construction technician current knowledge or skill level, for the purpose of ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
• Ensures that all work related equipment and vehicles are utilized and maintained in a safe and responsible manner.
• Maintains all stock and work-related supplies in the vehicle in an organized, professional and safe manner as necessary to perform all job related duties. This includes removal of personal items and effects prior to the end of each shift.
• Complies with Optimum dress code in order to present a neat and professional image to our customers and the public in general.
• Complies with the Optimum’s field safety and vehicle rollup programs as per the CV safety manual.
• Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities as described in the Technician Construction position description, in full and adequate manner.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• Valid States Driver’s License within State of Employment.
• Electrical or general construction experience
• Good written and oral communications skills.
• Knowledge of all mdu, aerial and underground construction materials and equipment, related hand tools, including technical familiarity with CATV system plant components and home wiring.
• Knowledge of aerial and underground construction procedures and specifications.
• Knowledge of mdu and commercial construction procedures and specifications.
• Knowledge of grounding and bonding specifications as necessary.
• Knowledge of the complete usage of underground locating equipment. (UG Locator, TDR, Line Toner)
• Knowledge of basic test equipment. (RF Meter, Volt/OHM meter)
• Knowledge of basic design calculations.
• Ability to carry and climb a 28-foot extension ladder.
• Willingness to climb poles.
• Ability to read maps. (Road and Systems)
• Ability to operate and maintain vehicles.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions.
• Knowledge to operate all tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner, including:
• All hand tools.
• Field Strength Manual hand tools
• HFC Network for Construction
• Introduction to system layout / plant mapping / system survey
• Introduction to all administration tasks and company documentation
• Introduction to DOT work zone safety
• Introduction to joint trench engineering
• Introduction to ladder safety
• Introduction to Cablevision Construction Manual
• Introduction to NEC and NESC
• Primary functions associated with system mark outs and UG Locators
• Tasks related to wiring interior / exterior homes, mdu’s, commercial bldg’s including customer contact
• CLI work procedures
• Introduction to TDR operations
• Introduction to confined space engineering
• Proficient in joint trench engineering
• Introduction to pole climbing
• Introduction to bucket truck operations
• Proficient In UG system mark outs
• Ability to obtain and maintain proper operators license with CDL class where applicable
• Introduction to the CATV Data Book, insertion loss / taps / passives
• Introduction to troubleshooting – repair/replace cables and equipment (aerial, mdu, underground)
Drug Test, DMV and Background Check Required of Final Applicant
Send detailed resume and cover letter to:
WE ARE FULLY COMMITTED TO AND STRIVE FOR DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE AND ENCOURAGE ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS TO APPLY.
Cablevision Systems Corp. - 2 years ago
Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes a full suite...