Support and assist the Construction department in the maintenance, expansion, and upgrades to Midcontinent’s regional network.
• Support the Construction department with the maintenance, expansion and upgrades to Midcontinent’s regional network.
• Install, maintain, and repair Midcontinent’s aerial and underground regional network.
• Perform house moves and cable relocations. Coordinate with the appropriate utility companies and other entities to verify routes. Keep detailed billing information to chargeback customers.
• Assist in preparing site surveys.
• Prepare asbuilts and update maps accurately and in a timely manner.
• Perform quality assurance checks and complete the proper documentation.
• Complete Midcontinent First Time Right certification within 90 days of hire. Consistently apply First Time Right principles in all aspects of work.
• Locate existing underground cable.
• Install drops, taps, amplifiers and power supplies. Splice coaxial cable.
• Ground service drops and pre-wire new builds.
• Read, comprehend, and utilize Regional network maps and plans.
• Possess knowledge in using signal meters, reading RF levels, voltage meters, TDR, etc.
• Possess knowledge of Midcontinent’s safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures. Wear safety apparel which includes hard hats (where required), safety vests, OSHA approved boots, etc.
• Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midcontinent’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy. Must be able to successfully operate a vehicle with an attached trailer.
• Obtain certification and successfully operate a bucket truck to perform aerial construction and maintenance.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of a Broadband Installer and/or Service Technician.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance and to arrive to work on time as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Mentor new hires as required.
• Have and maintain up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
• Effectively communicate with other departments to handle escalating issues in a timely manner.
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
• Actively follow Midcontinent policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• High school diploma or GED required. Some college or vocational training preferred.
• NCTI, SCTE and/or other broadband certification preferred.
• Previous experience in the broadband industry preferred.
• Must develop working knowledge of construction, the National Electrical Code, OSHA regulations, state and local regulations and general safety standards.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Midcontinent Communications - 5 months ago
Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part of Our...