Gas Operations; Portland Metro Area
Regular; Full-Time, Up to 3 openings
Performs basic construction tasks as a member of a crew or alone as appropriate.
General Essential Functions:
Essential Function Requirements:
- Performs construction and related activities on mains, services, and related equipment.
- Performs mechanical connections, pipe fusing, and pipe joining work.
- Plugs, taps, tests, and purges mains or service.
- Builds and replaces meter sets, regulators, and house-lines.
- Reads meters.
- Pre-inspects job sites and inspects customer-provided excavations.
- Coordinates jobs including attendance at pre-construction meetings and serving as liaison with internal and external stakeholders regarding permits, installation dates, saw cuts, etc.
- Performs various one-person work as required.
- Trains, assists, and provides feedback to less-experienced workers at the direction of supervisor, which may include providing feedback to supervisor on progress of training.
- Performs other tasks as required, including those in lower levels, and in General Task Bar #1 as identified in the Job Description JAG, with training as needed.
- Appropriately wears required protective equipment and safety gear.
- Operates Company vehicles in compliance with state/local laws and Company policies and procedures.
- Acquires and maintains OQ qualifications.
- Acts and communicates in a professional, respectful, and cooperative manner in connection with all activities associated with NW Natural.
- Follows supervisory instructions and is flexible and adaptable to changing conditions and expectations.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and reliable attendance.
- Demonstrates the Company’s core values and complies with all Company policies and procedures.
Position Specific Essential Functions:
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and ability in any of the following: electrical, construction, landscaping, carpentry, mechanics.
- Ability to use associated tools, and equipment.
- Demonstrated skills/knowledge to apply gauges, piping, pressures, and mechanical concepts.
- Manual dexterity adequate to effectively use basic tools including, but not limited to hand tools, power/pneumatic tools, etc.
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Ability to interface with employees and customers to answer questions or resolve issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to perform physically demanding work involving walking, standing, bending, twisting, wrist turning, grasping, lifting, squatting, kneeling, reaching, or assuming awkward postures for 8+ hours.
- Ability to hear normal voice at 3 feet; warning signals/horns during field operations.
- Near/distant vision for driving and reading information to complete work assignments.
- Moderate/severe exposure to uneven surfaces, noise, vibration, high-speed rotating machinery, and odorant inhalation.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 90 lbs.
- Must be able to transport and load/unload equipment and materials at worksites in compliance with state/local and Company regulations.
- Ability to work in adverse weather or terrain conditions.
- Ability to safely operate Company vehicles/equipment and perform inspections and minor maintenance as necessary and in compliance with Company policies and state/local laws.
- Valid OR/WA driver’s license, any required certifications and/or endorsements, and satisfactory driving record. Must hold, or be able to obtain a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A.
- Must successfully meet requirements for respirator use.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certifications.
- Must be able to work overtime and travel outside the assigned location for extended overnight stays.
- National Career Readiness Certificate Preferred.
- Subject to random drug testing.
Construction 1 consists of three levels. Employees will receive training and will be evaluated at each of these levels.
Qualification Period (timeframes below are from start of training for the level):
- C1 in training Level 1: Three calendar months
- C1 in training Level 2: Six calendar months
- C1: Three calendar months
- From entry to fully qualified C1): Twelve calendar months
Locating – Level 4
Observation – Level 4
Hourly Wage: $23.97/hr
Application Process: Submit complete electronic application including cover letter and resume.
Deadline: February 8, 2013
All applications must be submitted through NW Natural's Employment Application System. Resumes will not be accepted
in place of an online application.
NW Natural strives to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need a reasonable accommodation in completing the application process, please call NW Natural at 1-800-422-4012 x5403, or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
NW Natural is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity.
All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at NW Natural via-email, the Internet or in any
form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from NW Natural HR/Employment
will be deemed the sole property of NW Natural. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired
by NW Natural as a result of the referral or through other means.
NW Natural is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We also promote a drug-free work environment.
NW Natural - 10 months ago