Construction and Industrial Account Manager
Border States has a terrific opportunity for an individual looking for employment in Williston, South Dakota.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales and gross profit objectives.
- Regularly calls on assigned accounts and actively seeks to develop new accounts within sales planning guidelines and assigned geographic territory to secure orders and generate sales of products and services.
- Ensures quality customer support through expediting, pricing, follow-up, returns and other services as required.
- May develop quotations for customers within the company profit objectives and guidelines.
- Promptly follows up on customers’ technical inquiries and requests.
- Responsible for inputting Total Customer Cost Management savings documentation that is relevant to the assigned customer base.
- Directs the use of marketing tools, technical specialists, company capabilities and services to support a broad spectrum of products and facilitate a coordinated sales strategy for each assigned customer.
- Actively manages and directs company sales and support resources to maximize the sales and profit potential in support of all products, markets and specialist team opportunities.
- Participates in and advises sales management on the implementation and success of marketing plans and strategies.
- Consistently provides responsive, quality service to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Provides input to other sales and marketing staff on customer needs and concerns regarding pricing, products, customer service and support, competition, procedures, and market or customer potential.
- Provides strategic input to the pricing and purchasing departments on competitive issues related to price and margin strategy, product evaluations, electrical code requirements, inventory requirements and other related sales, marketing and service functions.
- Leads and attends sales and product meetings and technical training programs as required. Attends and assists with sales meetings, trade shows and training programs as needed.
- Coordinates with Customer Financial Services staff to resolve customer billing problems as needed. Advises Customer Financial Services staff on changes in customer credit worthiness.
Border States has a competitive benefit package including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. To apply, email your cover letter and resume to Ashley Shearer: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Minimum of a four-year business, sales, marketing or trade degree preferred, or the equivalent in related work experiences.
- Technical competence in understanding electrical systems with a minimum of four years of prior customer service, marketing and quotation or sales experience preferred.
- Minimum of four years of prior electrical distribution and quotations experience preferred with comprehensive knowledge of Border States’ product lines and applications, alternate product substitutes, and supplier pricing policies.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Ability to read, write and speak English preferred.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint), Internet, email and SAP enterprise resource planning software.
- Excellent customer service skills include being courteous, responsive, accurate and competent.
Border States is a 100 percent employee-owned company with headquarters in Fargo, North Dakota, and an extensive network of branch locations...