Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting,
engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a
diverse company, including individuals with expertise in
science, research, engineering, construction, and
information technology. Our strength is in collectively
providing integrated services—delivering the best
solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than
14,000 employees worldwide, 350 offices worldwide and
2.75 Billion revenue in FY 2012, Tetra Tech’s
capabilities span the entire project cycle. We offer
competitive compensation and benefits and are searching
for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech, Inc. currently has an opportunity for a
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employeer and
we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all
interested parties including women, minorities, veterans
and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website
at www.tetratech.com to see the array of services that
we provide and exciting projects we are currently
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares preliminary and approved construction
subcontracted, including preparation of pricing,
- Develops a schedule of subcontractors to be awarded.
- Prepares requests for proposals for work to be
schedule, specifications and schedule for
performance of the work.
preparation of the recommendation of award.
- Participates in the analysis of bids and the
orders, including obtaining advice from legal
- Assists in interpreting contracts and purchase
counsel, tax and insurance.
final construction reports.
- Aids in the preparation of engineering reports and
- Provides technical assistance to construction staff
office staff informed of engineering progress,
- Reviews/revises technical contractual procedures.
- Keeps superior and interested or affected home
requirements, problems, changes, additions and
omissions to “scope of work” and similar matters.
records and files.
- Reports costs, progress, activity and other matters.
- Establishes and maintains necessary supporting
potential “changed conditions” of contract; alerts
- Monitors work progress for situations which are
Chief Field Engineer, Construction Superintendent
and Project Manager of any such areas identified
which are or may become a “changed condition.”
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
policy by ensuring the hiring and development of
- Support the Company Equal Employment Opportunity
qualified minorities, women, handicapped, disabled
veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.
respect to subordinates, including those associated
- Exercise normal supervisory responsibility with
with performance appraisals, selection, delegation
of authority, work assignment and definition of
areas of responsibility
employees under his/her direction in order to
- Responsible for the training and development of
increase their proficiency in satisfying current job
requirements, and enhance their potential for
advancement to more responsible positions.
Education & Experience
Work experience can be substituted for education above
high school at 2 years of directly applicable experience
for 1 year of schooling.
with a focus in Engineering or related field
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 6-7 years of applicable experience
- Construction and/or hazardous waste experience (when
Licenses, Certifications & Other Skills
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
Division/Department : ECI
- Valid drivers license
- PC, Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- 40-hr HAZMAT
- Site-specific requirements
Req. Code : ECI - Constr. Engineer - PH
Tetra Tech puts technical know-how to work. The environmental management, consulting, and technical services group focuses on resource...