ThyssenKrupp Elevator (TKE), a subsidiary of international conglomerate ThyssenKrupp AG, is an industry leader in the manufacturing, installation and service of elevators, escalators & moving sidewalks. The TKE Americas business unit employs over 12,000 people with annual revenue in excess of $2 billion dollars. |
The Houston, TX branch is currently seeking an experienced, motivated and goal oriented Construction Superintendent to join the Operations Team. The Construction Superintendent is responsible for surveying and preparing job sites, scheduling crews, oversight of work and schedules, employee supervision and ensuring that all assigned construction projects are completed on time. TKE is looking for someone who has experience as a full-time site Superintendent for a new capital project in the Houston area. This will be a phased construction and is a multi-million dollar project in total value.
Duties include supervising mechanics, mechanic’s helpers, and other construction employees; coordinating turnover of jobs with the service department; assisting crews when necessary at the job sites, communicating with general contractors and monitoring supplies and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
· Provides technical input to sales staff on the scope of the work and materials needed
· Orders parts and materials for jobs.
· Review contracts for terms and conditions
· Receives, reviews, and signs off on booking packages for new jobs and completes additional job-related forms.
· Enters information on new job costs into the database and completes financial information on uncompleted jobs.
· M onitors status of jobs and makes occasional visits to job sites to check on job progress, perform quality control, and answer customers’ questions.
· Assists mechanics with jobs when necessary by providing on-the-job site instructions.
· Closes out jobs, ensuring all costs have been applied to closed jobs.
· Reviews new and existing jobs for profitability.
· Investigates accidents and completes appropriate forms.
· Assists with equipment inventory.
· Completes weekly, monthly, and yearly reports.
· Recruits, hires, trains, evaluate and disciplines mechanics, mechanics helpers, and other service staff.
Job Requirements :
· High school diploma or GED, Bachelor's degree preferred
· Previous elevator industry experience in field service operations required
· Operations management/supervisory experience required
· Good mechanical reasoning & comprehension skills
· Demonstration of excellent customer service, negotiation, project management and conflict resolution skills
· Excellent written and oral communication required
· Strong mechanical reasoning and comprehension skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including bonus potential and an excellent 401(k) with immediate vesting along with an opportunity for long-term career growth.
ThyssenKrupp Elevator is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran's status. We are proud to have a strong commitment to equal opportunity in the workforce and believe in treating people with dignity and providing equal employment and advancement opportunities for all.
If you want to join a strong, stable, growing business and make immediate contributions, please apply online at www.thyssenkruppelevator.com to join our team.
Offer Relocation :
ThyssenKrupp - 13 months ago